TE Canary Islands will not appear in XPlane

renault

Hi 

This is a somewhat mystifying issue I am encountering.

For some reason, TE Canary Islands will not appear in XPlane (11.50rc3 Vulkan).  

I have (over two days) downloaded the package and reinstalled to no avail

There is one peculiar aspect to the downloads in that the connection appears to be continually disconnecting & retrying, however I note that the downloaded file size continually increases in size which suggests that the message may be erroneous.  Verify files does not indicate any issues and the total package size 24.5 GB (a screen capture of the folder particulars is also included for reference)

I have been into the help section in Orbx Central and resync'ed which has not made any difference .  As you can see from the included screenshots I am only seeing  default scenery and even then it appears that there is a mesh elevation issue with the default stationary aircraft.

The XPlane log file does indicate missing scenery tiles at GCLA La Palma,

The only other thing that I noticed was that I did not have the XPlane Global tiles loaded for the first install. I corrected this, uninstalled the scenery via Orbx Central, deleted the backup copy of the scenery to force a new download all of which has not helped.

I include a copy of the XPlane Log file , the Central Log file for the installation and the scenery_pac.ini file (which does appear to be completely normal as far as I can see ).

When you get a chance could you have a look over the attached please and get back to me with any suggestions you may have.

I appreciate that it is the start of the holiday season , so I wish you and all your Orbx colleagues the very best for this year .  Have a very Happy Christmas and New Year , stay safe and next year will be much better and hopefully more normal:)

Thank you

Pete

TE Canary Islands issue (Renault).zip

3 hours ago, BradB said:

Unless you are a Beta tester Pete , this scenery has not been released yet . 

1 hour ago, Scott Harmes said:

As John says, TE Canary Islands has not been released yet.  The package you are indicating as downloaded is the TE Balearic Islands.  This is what is showing in your properties window and in your scenery_packs.ini file.

Cheers,

Well that explains a lot. I am totally embarrassed.:(

I hang my head in Shame.  

And I've just found out what's in the Christmas stocking

Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.0 (GamePlay video) - YouTube

My wife has booked an optometrist visit for me in January :)

The brain transplant is set for Feb 1st :rolleyes:

Cheers

Pete

1 minute ago, renault said:

Well that explains a lot. I am totally embarrassed.:(

I hang my head in Shame.  

And I've just found out what's in the Christmas stocking

Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.0 (GamePlay video) - YouTube

My wife has booked an optometrist visit for me in January :)

The brain transplant in set for Feb 1st :rolleyes:

Cheers

Pete

All good Pete, no need to be ashamed.  We can't be perfect all the time ;)

Cheers,

Archived