TrueEarth Netherlands water texture boundary

I have encountered a problem with the water texture boundary linked to TrueEarth Netherlands for P3D (something that I have never noticed before). I have an ugly dark texture "boundary" with the normal water texture colours (as seen in the attached screenshot) halfway across the North Sea. Can someone please let me know how to get rid of this, as it looks awful. This is in P3Dv4.5HF2.

2020-12-19_19-57-44-991.jpg

• Nick Cooper changed the title to TrueEarth Netherlands water texture boundary

Hi Christopher,

that looks like the outer extent of the waterclass coverage of TE Netherlands; compare to the screenshot below. Most of our regions include custom waterclass textures and placements to deal with the often incorrect ocean and inland water colors in the default sim. The coverage of those files has to end somewhere so there will be a boundary. Depending on what third-party global water replacement textures a user has installed, if any, that boundary will be more or less apparent, especially when zoomed out as in your screenshot.

You can try deactivating the three 'FTX_EU_NLD_WC_*.bgl files in \FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!NLD_08_CUSTOM\scenery, which will restore the default waterclass and thus colours across the country. The TE orthoimagery coverage does not include larger rivers and lakes or the ocean and thus the lighter hues of the default water will display instead.

Cheers, Holger 

TE Netherlands - waterclass files in TMFViewer.jpg

Archived