Buildings missing in Santa Barbara airport

Hello,

I just discovered that all the custom buildings in my Santa Barbara airport are missing. I've tried uninstalling and re installing the add on through the Orbx central app but the buildings are still missing.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lior.

santa barbara.jpg

What size is your KSBA folder? It should be around Size on Disk=176MB,229 Files, 8 Folders.

Have you checked that you have deleted your Rolling Cache and enabled your Bing Data World Graphics and Photogrammetry in the Data section of MSFS General options?

Hi Jon,

yes, 8 folders, 176MB.

Bing data and photogrammetry are on. Deleted rolling cheche - no change.

the add on was working fine since I purchased it up until yesterday. Not sure what changed.

Nick, I tried clearing out the community folder completely, uninstalling and reinstalling all of my Orbx add-ons including Santa Barbara. Still no luck. (tried renaming the folder like you suggested but get an error message that the folder is open in another application).

please advise.

thanks.

Lior

@Lior

If a folder is still open then I suggest you try and close down the PC and reboot and then do the renaming of the folder. Also ensure that Orbx Central is not running. Then just put KBUR into a new Community folder and test. You can just drag and drop KBUR from your Community.x folder. No need to reinstall. If there is still an issue then rerun the Verify files option for KBUR as it will be the only addon in your new Community folder. If that doesn't work, then use Orbx Central to uninstall. Close Orbx Central, reboot PC and then reinstall. Close Orbx Central fully by choosing the Quit option from your lower Taskbar. Just clicking on the X in Orbx Central does not shut it down, it only placers it on the bottom Taskbar.

Run MSFS at KBUR and see if the buildings are back.

Hi Jon,

I was able to rename the community folder per your advise and isolate the KBUR add on in there. I followed all of the steps you outlined to the letter and yet all of the buildings in the airport are still missing.

please advise.

thanks.

Lior

Hello,

I have tried and failed to make the buildings disappear.

With only Orbx KSBA in the Community folder, they refuse to disappear, even with all

settings at their minimum or where possible, off.

If you have all the same files, I am driven towards a conclusion that there is something

amiss with your simulator or its settings.

Hi Nick,

I also own San Jose, London City, Burbank, Sydney and others by your studio and all of them were working fine before I moved them the the CommunityX folder. The issue seems to be limited to the Santa Barbara scenery. As for settings, I am running at mid-high custom settings and the most up to date nvidia drivers, which seems to be working fine with all other addons. And again, the scenery was working fine up until now.

Should I try uninstalling from the community folder and reinstall to the Orbx custom external folder? what about deleting the local backup before reinstalling so new install files are downloaded? Could the v1.0.1 update have something to do with it? is there ay way to revert to v1.0?

Thanks,

Lior

15 hours ago, Lior said:

Hi Nik, I just installed the latest update to the sim and glad to report that the buildings are now back and the scenery is working properly again. Thanks for all the help and happy holidays!

Lior

20201222124812_1.jpg

Yes same thing for me.

Gaya had buildings in EDDT and LOWW missing since the MSFS Nov 10th update.

Now fixed as per your report with the next big MSFS update.

Archived