SkyPark - performance

I'm very interested in SkyPark but apprehensive as MSFS2020 is already a load on a decent computer.  I've tried a few other addons and some have too much of an negative effect (reduction in framerate).  I can maintain 30-40 FPS under most conditions, and 30 works OK for this sim, but I'm not interested in sub 30 FPS performance hence my question.  We can't test/demo the software so looking for opinions from those that took the jump, does it have much of a negative effect on the framerate?

Thanks

i7-9700k, GTX1080ti, 32GB, NVMe MSFS2020 install, 3440x1440 GSync Ultrawide

I am not seeing any loss of performance using Skypark, it's only a tablet that you can hide.....once you are flying it's just the moving map but if you have done a flightplan in MSFS then you can use G1000 or vfr moving map to monitor if needed......my only issue is you can't currently resize the Skypad but you can hide it.....I also couldn't find any instructions.....I do like it and will swop between this and a program called A Pilots Life, this now connects to MSFS with FSUIPC7.......

If the program (currently) has FPS issues for you?  You could fly the missions with clear skies..  Until a further performance optimization comes from //42?     We all do like "Some"  clouds etc..  but,  it's just one suggestion.  Furthermore..  you can also use MSI Afterburner,  together with closing down ALL Other background processes,  that MSFS does not use,  to have a further boost to your simulator performance.   Also   I personally Use  I/O bit   clamping,   (that means further program closing) to have a smooth MSFS experience..  Good Luck.

1 hour ago, Hotzoner said:

If the program (currently) has FPS issues for you?  You could fly the missions with clear skies..  Until a further performance optimization comes from //42?     We all do like "Some"  clouds etc..  but,  it's just one suggestion.  Furthermore..  you can also use MSI Afterburner,  together with closing down ALL Other background processes,  that MSFS does not use,  to have a further boost to your simulator performance.   Also   I personally Use  I/O bit   clamping,   (that means further program closing) to have a smooth MSFS experience..  Good Luck.

I do understand optimization (computer, and in this case I've tested various MSFS2020 settings) and currently have MSFS2020 running very well all things considered but I was hoping to know the performance hit, if any, when using Skypark before a purchase.  I have a few frames I can sacrifice but I'd rather not have to reduce my graphical settings to maintain 30fps as a minimum while running Skypark.  A short trial period would be perfect!

On 12/19/2020 at 12:02 AM, FuzzyFassbendr said:

I do understand optimization (computer, and in this case I've tested various MSFS2020 settings) and currently have MSFS2020 running very well all things considered but I was hoping to know the performance hit, if any, when using Skypark before a purchase.  I have a few frames I can sacrifice but I'd rather not have to reduce my graphical settings to maintain 30fps as a minimum while running Skypark.  A short trial period would be perfect!

I will say here,  that you can use skypark, with your current graphical MSFS settings.  It only produces "Situations, or scenareos that will enhance your flight experience". It will use what ever setting you are currently set at. Regards

Archived