Scenery not displaying correctly.

jt233

Hello so I am having an issue with the scenery around Los Angeles in P3D v4, and I am not sure what's causing it and need some help. As far as I know the only scenery that should be installed for that area is Global Base  and Global Vector and FSDreamTeam KLAX Airport. As you can see in the photos below there are autogen buildings which are being placed on top of other scenery as well as what appears to be to different types of textures as some areas almost look as if there is some type of satellite imagery being placed underneath which is weird because I don't think I have any scenery which would be causing that. Last night I made sure to verify the installations for Base and Vector Sceneries to make sure that all the files were installed correctly as well as to check that they were inserted correctly in the scenery library in P3D.

Also, I will attach a copy of my scenery.cfg

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks

Prepar3D Screenshot 2020.12.17 - 10.46.44.33.png

Prepar3D Screenshot 2020.12.17 - 11.03.09.67-min.png

Prepar3D Screenshot 2020.12.17 - 11.04.32.23 (1).png

scenery.cfg

Hello Jt233

I would say your insertion points are not correct.

Please ensure your very first third party add-on is selected in your first tab

In the second one goes regions and airports

Please verify you have it that way and then test

If this doesn't work I would delete the terrain.cfg, (for the sim to build it again)

and would run the synchronize the sim tool in Central and will test

But I have the impression it will get fixed but doing the first step. All third party products should go above Orbx.

I hope this helps

Regards

Carlos

13 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Hello Jt233

I would say your insertion points are not correct.

Please ensure your very first third party add-on is selected in your first tab

In the second one goes regions and airports

Please verify you have it that way and then test

If this doesn't work I would delete the terrain.cfg, (for the sim to build it again)

and would run the synchronize the sim tool in Central and will test

But I have the impression it will get fixed but doing the first step. All third party products should go above Orbx.

I hope this helps

Regards

Carlos

So I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I'm pretty sure I set the insertion point correctly, but I still see a few things in the scenery.cfg for Orbx vectors that are higher than other addons. I also tried syncing with the sim as well as doing a complete uninstall and reinstall of Global Base and Vectors with no luck. I also saw that you said to delete the terrain.cfg and let it rebuild but before I do that I want to make sure it won't cause any problems for other addons. From what I read online it just re-builds the P3D stuff.

Any suggestions thanks.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the scenery order looks about right.

The scenery also looks about right but without coordinates of the shots,

it is not possible to make a definitive reply.

So I uploaded a few screenshots with coordinates so hopefully that will help but that problem seems to be happening all around the area.

I know you say the scenery looks about right, but I doubt the scenery is supposed to be clashing together like that. As you can see in some pictures there are patches around the city that seem to be displaying satellite imagery that is clashing with the other stuff, but I don't know what I would have installed that would add the satellite imagery or how I can get the Orbx stuff to override that. I even tried placing the Orbx stuff at the top of the scenery library but that still didn't seem to fix the issue. 

So maybe Orbx isn't the cause of the issue, but I am unsure of how to remove the stuff that is causing it. As far as I know the only scenery that should be installed for Los Angeles is Global Base and Vectors and FSDreamTeam KLAX airport which should only affect the scenery for the airport and maybe the edges around it

Thanks

Prepar3D Screenshot 2020.12.20 - 12.13.31.65.png

Prepar3D Screenshot 2020.12.20 - 12.15.00.15.png

Prepar3D Screenshot 2020.12.20 - 12.15.43.91.png

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I took your first shot:

Can you try this:

and disable your addon airport to see if you then see the same?

Thanks for the help. 

So I'm not sure if I did it right, but I went into Orbx central and in the settings under libraries it showed the main library was installed to a folder outside the main P3D folder, so I followed the directions for that method and also disabled the addon airport however I was still having the same issue.

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

does the addon airport have its own landclass files?

They might be in a separate folder including LC in its name,

or inside the product scenery folder.

Well I checked the folder for the airport and didn't see files or folders related to landclass. Also, I checked the product page, and it doesn't say anything about including any landclass scenery, so I don't think it does.

Thanks

If you disable KLAX Orbx's airport does it change something?

Search for the ICAO code Klax in Orbx folder and put off all the bgls linked to scenery

I mentioned this based on Nick's comment about searching for land class bgls, maybe both airports are interfering....

Cheers

Carlos

2 hours ago, carlosqr said:

If you disable KLAX Orbx's airport does it change something?

Search for the ICAO code Klax in Orbx folder and put off all the bgls linked to scenery

I mentioned this based on Nick's comment about searching for land class bgls, maybe both airports are interfering....

Cheers

Carlos

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by both airports.  KLAX is the only airport I have an addon for in the area and as far as I know does not have any land class scenery connected with it. The rest are stock airports .

Thanks.

Archived