newcastle night lighting

Hi,

I can't find the original image we used for a reference but as you can see from this one below, the apron doesn't extend much beyond the immediate parking area. Bear in mind that, taken in low light, the light will actually appear brighter in the image than it is in reality. (Also, this is an old image which doesn't help!).

Having said that, we can look at increasing the brightness a tad though we don't currently have any updates planned for MSFS version at this stage.

Greg

Newcastle Airport - Wikipedia an piemontèis, l'enciclopedìa lìbera e a  gràtis

On 12/8/2020 at 1:12 PM, steve86 said:

Thanks for getting back to me. my brother works at the airport and got me some really good photos lastnight  so i will try and update the lighting myself while waiting for an 

official update

thanks 

Feel free to post any pics here!

1 hour ago, Greg Jones said:

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

G

It's not the best screenshot. I have the centre line lights of the taxiway light but no blue edge lights, yet in Xplane it's the reverse. The xplane version looks a lot better IMO.

I'll see if I can get a better screenshot on Saturday.

Screenshot (67).png

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I see green centre line lighting that looks easy enough to follow

2.jpg

In all due respect that's not the point though, the product is meant to represent real life and in real life it has a green centre line lights and blue edge taxi way lights.

5 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

do you visit the real world airport?

I have never been there but have tried hard to find a reference to the real world taxiway lighting and found nothing of any value.

Hi Nick I live locally, EGNT is my go to airport for travelling both for both leisure and work purposes.   

42 minutes ago, Greg Jones said:

Hi,

Looks like you're correct:

image.thumb.png.d3b4efdae5759fed6b3b4a3b1423fadc.png

I don't know how this got missed on the MSFS version but we'll get it updated. To b clear though, you should be able to see centreline lighting per @Nick Cooper's screenshot??

Greg

Thanks, just to confirm that I can indeed see the taxi centre line. I'm looking forward the update.

Hi, Just to add to this topic about the lighting. 

Most the taxiways at Newcastle do not have blue edge lights, only blue markers that do not emit light. The only blue edge lighting is around the Aprons and Runway exit's. I have attached a photo to show an approach onto RW25,  you can see only green centreline lighting. 

I'm a captain based at Newcastle and have spent many years taxing around the airport. I'm not flying much currently due Covid, but I'm more than happy to get many more photos to show the lack of blue lights when I next fly. 

Releasing an update with added blue edge lights on every taxiway will be an incorrect representation of the actual lighting layout.

zhR3pMZ.jpg

Regards

Craig

Archived