Install interrupted ,again

tim737murphy

Here I go again, Installing Santa Barbara in MSFS and about towards end of install getting the install interrupted then 2 or 3 files fail to extract. Sure wish I could just download and drop in the folder like XPLANE. Did the recommended thing in the downloader settings. This is the norm now for XP11 and MSFS. Any solutions!

Again attach your Orbx Central log file please as shown in your other post in XPlane support.

There is something wrong your end that the Orbx central support team need to look at.

Can you confirm you have all the prerequisites installed as per this link?

@Nick Cooper Hello Nick. This customer is having continuous issues with downloads not completing installations. Both in XP and MSFS.

Have you got any ideas? If not we need to move this to the Orbx Central support forum.

He has posted a few times now with the same issue.

and now with Santa Barbara.

So here is my log file for installing, unistalling reinstalling KSBA or any update for both XP11 or MSFS the same issue with interrupted download and 2,3,4 files missing depending on which scenery or global area Im installing ,updating  or verifying. Same result. I doubled checked on required microsoft ++visual stuff and they are all there. I am on the very newest WIN 10 2020

getting the same issue even after doing the change in downloader settings. Runs fast then towards end get a few installs interrupted and finally showing 2 files failed to extract. Happened with update download and verify file action.

central.log

I did a verify files on Miegs and that worked. Before it would give me the install interrupted. So now I need to get Orbx Central to see my MSFS install. KBUR and KSBA were installed on MSFS and  was also giving me the install interrupted with 3 or more files failed to extract. Do I need to reinstall Central. I ran MSFS once to see if that would work but still doent show MSFS on drop down menu.

22 hours ago, Josh Koz said:

Hi @tim737murphy

Can you close completely close Orbx Central, delete the contents of the "C:\Users\Timothy\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx" directory and then reattempt the download.

That worked Josh for both XP11 and MSFS. At first MSFS wasnt showing in dropdown menu last night but after booting up today it was there. I had to delete the contents of that file for each install of KSBA and KBUR. I will have to remember that for future purchases. My XP11 is on a standard HD and MSFS is on a Solid state SSD. Neither are my C drives. Thanks for your expertise.

Archived