TE GB CENTRAL Update Fail

Captjames748

Hi All,

Last night I updated GB TE Central and it comes up with an error regarding 3 files.  Advised to Verify Files to sort the issues.  I have done so and still comes up with an error.  now 1 file is at fault and now XP11 Wil not load up in the UK because of this.  

I'm now trying to migrate files to rectify the issue.

Any help?

James

Orbx.jpg

21 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

this seems to be the troublesome file.

Please go to Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures

and see if you can find a000xfd30x17.JPG.

If it is there, delete it.

Please unzip the attached file and place it into the same folder.

a000xfd30x17.zip 16.1 kB · 1 download

Nick,

have done the above to no avail. :(

log2.txt

Welcome to the forum.

Before I ask for this to go to Orbx Central support, I need to know if you happen to have the make a Backup option enabled in Orbx Central as per the attached pic:

1147698317_Backupslocation.thumb.JPG.e95e251c4f8d33841989ce51fb1d01df.JPG

If you have then please go to that file location and temporarily remove it to  another place on the same Disk.

Then open Orbx Central/Settings/Downloader and scroll to the bottom of the page and under the heading of Concurrency check the 2 options regarding the type of Disk and then the Conversion. Ensure your Disk type is correct and then under Conversions click on the down arrow and set to Moderate as per the attached pic below.

When you have done that run the Verify Files again and report back.

Make sure you follow each process described above.

Capture.thumb.JPG.8fcf4e984577fb330405dbaef6ce4d82.JPG

Hello Jon !

Done exactly what you've asked me to do. It helps most of cases, except TE GB Central. Uninstall/install, but no effect. Still same conversion errors.

I'm going to uninstall/re-install to different disk drive, so I can eliminate Hard Drive corruption. I'll come back when done.

Hi Jon !

I re/installed it to my X-Plane Custom Scenery directly. All other installed to Orbx Library (H drive ; regular HD). X-plane itself lies on D drive (SSD).

Now everything went fine, no errors at all. Then tried to migrate it to Orbx Library, but failed again. New uninstall and re-install to D drive Custom Scenery (original). Went fine ! Bought EU Balearic Islands package and installed it directly to Orbx Library, which was not succesful with GB Central. It went fine, as well as all other packages i bought this Black Friday. I don't know, but there's something weird with GB Central....

I made a log with baretail, if you liked to follow what went wrong ?

Hi Jon !

Thank you for your help !

I think We/You can forget this problem. After hours of testing and investigations, I have found that there is something wrong with my regular 4TB hard drive. When using 1TB SSD, i have found no problems at all. Seems that there are defected areas in HD...Well, testing continues, but no need to scratch your head :)

Regards, Jari

• 3 months later...

I got the same "Be Advised" error that Captjames748 posted on November 25th above relating to the same files.
It killed xplane for me as well.

I have 2 jpeg files in my Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures\ folder:
a0c0xfdc0x17.JPG and a170xfde0x17.JPG
My files are dated 15.11.2020 (weird, maybe I haven't flown near Birmingham for a few months).

I try verifying the files and it doesn't seem to find anything to fix.

But I'll try manually adding the files hosted above, thanks.

Just thought I'd mention I'd got the issue as well, seems weird that it doesn't find the issue when I verify.

Thanks anyway.

1:03:00.389 I/SCN: DSF load time: 1268027 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom/Earth nav data/+50-010/+55-002.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
1:03:04.749 I/SCN: DSF load time: 4352596 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/Earth nav data/+50-010/+55-002.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
1:03:05.213 I/SCN: DSF load time: 7705500 for file Custom Scenery/EGPH xp11 tdg/Earth nav data/+50-010/+55-004.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
1:03:05.342 I/SCN: DSF load time: 114571 for file Custom Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+50-010/+55-004.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
1:03:07.155 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../textures/a170xfde0x17.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/'.
1:03:07.155 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Error, could not locate image file for terrain
1:03:07.155 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/a170xfde0x17M.ter
1:03:07.155 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/
1:03:07.155 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: ../textures/a170xfde0x17.dds
1:03:07.155 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: C:/jenkins/design-triggered/source_code/app/X-Plane-f/../../engine/REN/REN_terrain.cpp:206
WARNING: auto-gen annotation not inside a tile.
1:03:12.251 I/SCN: DSF load time: 6891142 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_North_TrueEarth_Custom/Earth nav data/+50-010/+55-004.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
1:03:15.729 W/SCN: Missing object objects/cars/dynamic/police_car_var1.obj from package Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/roads/; replacing with blank
1:03:15.729 W/SCN: Missing object objects/cars/dynamic/police_car_var2.obj from package Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/roads/; replacing with blank
1:03:15.729 W/SCN: Missing object objects/cars/dynamic/police_car_var3.obj from package Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/roads/; replacing with blank
1:03:15.729 W/SCN: Missing object objects/cars/dynamic/BusXTran_D.obj from package Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/roads/; replacing with blank
1:03:15.729 W/SCN: Missing object objects/cars/dynamic/police_car_var1.obj from package Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/roads/; replacing with blank
1:03:15.729 W/SCN: Missing object objects/cars/dynamic/police_car_var2.obj from package Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/roads/; replacing with blank
1:03:15.729 W/SCN: Missing object objects/cars/dynamic/police_car_var3.obj from package Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/roads/; replacing with blank
1:03:15.729 W/SCN: Missing object objects/cars/dynamic/police_car_var4.obj from package Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/roads/; replacing with blank
1:03:16.940 I/SCN: DSF load time: 4688876 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/Earth nav data/+50-010/+55-004.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
1:03:17.762 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1:03:17.762 E/SYS: | Error, could not locate image file for terrain
1:03:17.762 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/a170xfde0x17M.ter
1:03:17.762 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/
1:03:17.762 E/SYS: | ../textures/a170xfde0x17.dds
1:03:17.762 E/SYS: | (REN_terrain.cpp:206)
1:03:17.762 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1:03:17.762 D/STM: Transitioning from state state_Normal to state_ShuttingDown

Please attach any logs rather than posting an image as it is easier for me to read the whole content rather than extracts. Thanks.

Your problem may not be the same as the originator's.

The message is typical of not having enough free disk space available.
Please read the link  and ensure you meet ALL the requirements.
Particular attention needs to be made to the references to free disk space both on the disk to which downloads go into your Temp folder and the free space required for the installation.
Guides on how to move your Temp  folder if required are also in the link.
Failure to convert the files is a strong indication of not enough free disk space on either the C drive where Windows places your Temp drive by default, or the drive you are wanting to install on. 

Thanks for the reply.  I just thought it was odd that I was having an issue with the same 2 files as the OP.  Copying the files above resolved the problem but I then got a similar problem with several files in TE GB North.  To be honest, I installed the scenery last year on my old PC and moved the disks over to my new PC a couple of weeks ago.  I pointed Orbx Direct at it and it saw the files, and verify files looks okay.

I'll try reinstalling TE GB North tonight though and see how it is tomorrow.

Thanks.

Thanks.  OT but I sign in as a non-admin-user when using xplane.  When I tried to run Orbx Direct (even as admin when signed in as a non-admin account), Orbx Direct got stuck in an endless loop of updating itself (it would update itself, restart the old version and update itself, continuously.  I think Orbx Direct is the only program that I need to actually login as an administrator for and it feels a little bit 1990s.).

Anyway, after reinstalling last night, I now don't have any jpg files in Custom Scenery\Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures so hopefully that's better now.

The file that xplane crashed yesterday when it couldn't find was ../textures/9f60xfba0x17.dds, and that's there now so hopefully it is in better shape.

Thanks for your help.

Archived