Constant CTD while approaching ESMS

I'm getting a constant CTD while approaching ESMS. I followed other related threads and did all what was suggested there, like deleting rolling cache, installing the scenery to a completely vacant Community folder - nothing seems to help. This is the 4th time now I'm getting this error, stuff that never happened before with any other scenery, including those of Orbx that I possess. Is it just me or anyone else has the same problem with this scenery? Any ideas as to how to get rid of this annoying issue? Regards.

Difficult to diagnose when I cannot get the CTD you are experiencing. Previous issues were basically resolved via the deletion of rolling cache, but you have done that.

Does this happen with a default Asobo plane like the Cessna 172?

When you say you installed to an empty Community folder, did you uninstall via Orbx Central and then reinstall or did you drag and drop ESMS into the empty folder?

You may want to try the Verify Files option for ESMS via Orbx Central.

Do you know how to do that? I ask as i see you are new to the forums.

Thanks for your response. Yes, I used default a320 to perform a test flight. I also reinstalled via Orbx Central and I did use Verify option, as a matter of fact I always do that when I install new scenery purchased from Orbx. Interestingly though, I’m able to reproduce the crash whenever I approach ESMS from the south, somewhere near DETUS waypoint. The scenario looks always the same, that is my sim freezes for several seconds, then it goes back alive and after another couple of seconds it crashes. It doesn’t happen if I uninstall ESMS scenery, which brings me to conclusion that there has to be some correlation here. 

edit: should I keep the rolling cache off, or is it still fine to have it on after rebuilding it?

Hey!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue! Can't recall we have had any ESMS related CTD's reported so far, but guess it was just a matter of time :)

I'm not sure regarding the rolling cache but deleting it and keeping it off for testing would be a great idea at least. 

Do you have this issue with other aircrafts as well? Do you have an approach loaded or does this also happen when flying manually? 

Do you have any other sceneries installed nearby?

(A tester will try to reproduce the issue as well meanwhile)

Cheers,

Marcus

During my last attempt I was flying manually as a matter of fact, but I did have the route implemented on Mcdu. Normally I fly with FBW community mod, but like I mentioned before I had deleted all the mods from the community folder prior to testing. I hadn’t switched the rolling cache option off though, all I did was to let it rebuild itself. I’ll definitely give it a try. I am yet to test the scenery with default Cessna as well, will do it today and report back, thanks for your help:)

Ok, did some testing today, deleted rolling cache for good and that seems to have done the trick. I was able to complete my flight to ESMS, both without FBW community mod and with it. All is working flawlessly now, thank you once again for your support:)

36 minutes ago, lemonid said:

Ok, did some testing today, deleted rolling cache for good and that seems to have done the trick. I was able to complete my flight to ESMS, both without FBW community mod and with it. All is working flawlessly now, thank you once again for your support:)

Great to hear! We did try to replicate it as well with a few different airplanes and mods and didn't get any issues so I'm glad it was the rolling cache :)

Archived