9 file(s) failed to extract

Hippo

image.png.1339a55436a62f6846a39ac2ac46e1ee.png

Getting the above after downloading Vector.  I'm on a very limited internet connection at the moment, so deleting the contents of the backup folder and starting again, as suggested on other posts, is something I'd prefer to not do.

I had this same issue when I downloaded Base recently, and noticed that a number of files (from the backup folder) were mentioned in the log.  On that ocassion I deleted those files, and this worked, but it still needed to re-download around 1GB (even though the deleted files added up to a lot less than that).

Please could you help me out and let me know if there's some way to fix this while keeping the amount I need to re-download to a minimum.

I don't mean to be rude, but shouldn't Central be capable of handling this sort of thing automatically?

Thanks.

central.log

10 minutes ago, Hippo said:

while keeping the amount I need to re-download to a minimum.

Hello Hippo

Have you tried clicking on Verify Files on the product page as requested in your pic above, it will certainly reduce any download to an absolute minimum ?

Just now, Smudger said:

Hello Hippo

Have you tried clicking on Verify Files on the product page as requested in your pic above, it will certainly reduce any download to an absolute minimum ?

Yes, Central tries again but the same message keeps coming back.

Hello,

no one at Orbx would suggest that you should delete anything and start again.

This is the standard advice, posted many times.

Please visit the Orbx Central "Downloader" page and click on the "Clear" icon.

If you made a backup of the product, move it temporarily out of its folder.

Then run Verify files for the product in question.

This should allow Orbx Central to download just the missing files.

If for some reason it does not, I have isolated the nine files and can give you a link to download them.

Thanks for trying to help, but I've been through all this when I had the same issue with Base recently.  I saw another post where someone else had this issue and Orbx support were able to pinpoint the correct file(s) to delete.  I was hoping they could help me out similarly.

EDIT:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/189026-australia-v2-installation-fails-to-extract-files/

Sorry Nick, I was responding to Smudger.  I'll do as you suggest shortly.  Thanks for replying.

22 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

no one at Orbx would suggest that you should delete anything and start again.

This is the standard advice, posted many times.

Please visit the Orbx Central "Downloader" page and click on the "Clear" icon.

If you made a backup of the product, move it temporarily out of its folder.

Then run Verify files for the product in question.

This should allow Orbx Central to download just the missing files.

If for some reason it does not, I have isolated the nine files and can give you a link to download them.

Hi again Nick,

I'm sorry to be a pain, but I assume that Central is attempting to repair from the backup files (and failing), and that what you suggest will not repair the backup files?  I'm quite keen to get the backup to a healthy state so I can reinstall without issue from it if I need to.  Is this possible?

In the post Iinked to above, the person replying was able to pinpoint 1 (backup) file to delete. The thing is this file is not mentioned in the log attached to that post, so I guess you guys have some sort of magic way of working this out?

3 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I am uploading the missing files.

Can you have a look at your Orbx/FTX_VECTOR/FTX_VECTOR_CVX/scenery folder

and see how many files there are in it please?

I have 30212.

Snap: 30212

image.png.1d5edfa0354e0d667ca7761e6721e0f8.png

Thanks, it could well be that your error messages are false positives, as all of them indicate that files in that folder could not be copied.

However, I have selected the missing files listed in your error log.

The link to them is here

Download Link

Once you have downloaded them, 140 MB only, unzip the folder and copy the nine files into

Orbx/FTX_VECTOR/FTX_VECTOR_CVX/scenery.

If asked if you want to overwrite, answer yes.

that should fix it.

Let me know when you have downloaded the files, I can then remove them from my Dropbox.

3 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks, it could well be that your error messages are false positives, as all of them indicate that files in that folder could not be copied.

However, I have selected the missing files listed in your error log.

The link to them is here

Download Link

Once you have downloaded them, 140 MB only, unzip the folder and copy the nine files into

Orbx/FTX_VECTOR/FTX_VECTOR_CVX/scenery.

If asked if you want to overwrite, answer yes.

that should fix it.

Let me know when you have downloaded the files, I can then remove them from my Dropbox.

Files downloaded.  I'll reply with an update on how it goes later, or at the latest, tomorrow.

Many thanks.

OK.  The files you sent me were different to the ones on my system, which I assume were corrupted.  After replacing the files, a verify completed without issue, so I presume this is now ok.  As far as I'm concerned, the issue is resolved - many thanks for your help: very prompt and comprehensive.   However, for bonus points (but please just ignore the rest of this post if you prefer):

I wouldn't normally be bothering with this, but I currently find myself with a crappy (and limited) internet connection, and I'll bet I'm going to have issues when I try to download other stuff over the next few days.

As stated above, is there any way that my backup files can be repaired without having to download over 3GB of data?

I find it surprising that to replace 170MB of files it should be necessary to download over 3GB.

Hello,

I have every sympathy with you, living as I do in a rural area that for years rejoiced in a 1 mbit per second connection,

or a very expensive and limited wireless connection of only 15GB per month but about 4 mbits per second.

The best I can do is to offer you the same kind of assistance if you run into any more similar problems.

Archived