Dundee Fuel Point

8 hours ago, David Woodford said:

we set the new Dundee to the fuel point and it spawned.. inside a hangar which we couldn’t escape

Hi David,

Looks like you are seeing the default scenery. Here's what I see without Orbx Dundee installed. As Nick said Parking 1 fuel box is not an option in the Orbx scenery.

12409395_fuelbox.thumb.jpg.9f4a4956699ee622d99141e31f157874.jpg

Where do you have the scenery installed (main MSFS folder, an external library?)

If purchased through Orbx Central first of all try going there and 'verify files' for EGPN.

All the best,

John

I don’t think it installing properly. I verified it and it isnt appearing, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no success. It doesnt matter whether i specify an Orbx library or not as Orbx Central puts it in the same location.

I should add that all my other Orbx Central FS2020 installed without issue and appears in my profile. Dundee isn’t currently there.

15 hours ago, David Woodford said:

It doesnt matter whether i specify an Orbx library or not as Orbx Central puts it in the same location.

Hi David,

That shouldn't happen.

If you install into the main simulator a folder 'Orbx-airport-egpn-dundee' containing the scenery will be created in your Community folder.

If you install in a library this folder will be created in the library\MSFS folder and a 'symbolic link' created in the community folder (looks like the scenery folder but has a little arrow to show it is a link).

In either case an entry

<Package name="Orbx-airport-egpn-dundee" active="true"/>
should have been created in the content.xml file the next time you ran MSFS.

I've tried various uninstalls\re-installs and can't duplicate the problem.

One question, where have you actually got MSFS installed?

If I were you, I would first check in your content.xml file to make sure the Dundee entry is there.

It would be useful if you could copy it here as well.

If the entry is there I would uninstall the scenery in Orbx central. Check that all trace of 'Orbx-airport-egpn-dundee' has been removed from your community folder (if it hasn't delete it yourself) then re-install. For simplicity, whilst we are trying to figure what's going on, I'd re-install into the main simulator.

A screenshot of the contents of your Community folder would help as well.

All the best,

John

Hi John. I cracked it... my other installs are in the community folder.. Dundee got installed to the Orbx Library location and didnt show up. I uninstalled Dundee, deleted the Orbx/msfs folder and reinstalled to the community library... and all sorted. It seems that MSFS doesnt like a mixture of the two locations.

David

2 hours ago, makapala said:

my son was born in the hospital next to the airport.

Hi David,

My wife is a nurse based at Perth Royal Infirmary but sometimes ends up working in the Dundee hospitals.

I rarely miss wind-turbines! They tried to put some on the hills above our village (near EGPT) but never got planning permission, partly because they were too close to the Dundee airport ILS approach I believe.

All the best,

John

Hi John, yes I lived in St Andrews and drove trains from Perth depot. I drove past Dundee airport every day (when i didnt go via Cupar).. the turbine and its location are near Ninewells on Tom Mcdonald Avenue. Easy to spot on Google Maps. It’s not as big as the maritime ones but it sure is too big for a back yard! 

Archived