Lots of cars parked inside SJC airport perimeter

I am unable to replicate the issue you are having as you can see in my pic. The cars are parked in the designated fenced area.

You could also try and move your Community folder to a safe place on the same disk (this will be done almost instantly if moved on the same disk) Then make a new Community folder and drag KSJC into it. Having only that addon in the folder will allow to see if there is a layering issue and also if the cars are gone from the perimeter.

Capture.thumb.JPG.6a652169cf82e59d079dcd02b3056880.JPG

Further to Jon's suggestion, it may just be a case of simply restarting the sim. This issue popped up once or twice during testing and we added extra exclusions to ensure that that it didn't occur. It's possible that this is simply an issue of the elements of the sim loading out of order. Basically the vehicles you're seeing are being placed by the default airport based on outdated Bing imagery where that area was still being used as a car park.

Greg

@hb42 In your Road traffic options turn the road traffic to 50. It appears if you go beyond that then you will get the cars spawning in the perimeter area. This appears to be an Asobo issue as Orbx has no way of controlling the road traffic setting at present.

Please confirm what your Road Traffic setting was so we can advise others that see this anomaly that reducing that setting is the resolution to the problem at present. Thanks

Reducing road traffic density to 50% did indeed fix the issue. Hope there is a way to address this in the future so having road traffic at higher levels is possible without this glitch.

Another car traffic related issue I noticed when flying around the airport is that the road traffic is driving in both directions on one way streets. Is that something that cannot be correctly configured by the scenery?

Finally, if the mods could fix the subject to add the missing "cars" (I posted this late at night, without proof reading), it might help others facing the same issue more easily locate this thread.

Thanks.

• Ed Correia changed the title to Lots of cars parked inside SJC airport perimeter

Glad it is working OK now. As I mentioned in my post, the Road traffic setting and anomaly it can cause is purely an Asobo issue to resolve at present and something Orbx and other devs have no control over. You may wish to raise that on the MSFS zendesk forum.

I am sure Orbx will be mentioning to Asobo but for it to be reinforced by a user is always helpful

Archived