Warning - Ben Gurion

It means that Carlos is saying that the product comes with its own autogen definitions and so if you buy and install it, it may well overwrite your existing autogen definitions.

In the most simple terms, you may then not see the autogen that you expect elsewhere in the simulator.

Orbx have not checked this but there is no reason to doubt Carlos, who has done a lot of work researching the subject of autogen definitions.

Hi

Yes, the effect Nick explains is exactly what happens

I advised Aerosoft about it so they can fix it meanwhile I fixed it manually

If someone is interested in knowing how, this is what I did it

01.- Moved the elements in the effects folder to P3D root effect folder. The elements in the effects texture folder were not moved to its corresponding root folder because they overwrite and I fear the consequences so I didn't overwrite those

02.- The elements in the texture folder that installs actually go in scenery/global/ texture. There should those folder items be moved to

03.- Deleted the xml file

04.- Moved the autogen folder inside the ICAO code folder installed (airport one) , so within it you have autogen, scenery and texture folders

05.-Added manually the Telaviv folder and then the airport folder

All works fine with Ben Gurion this way and you have Orbx autogen definitions all over

Additional note

Just after having installed the airport I launched the "product configurator" but it doesn't lauch

Whenever I receive a reply from Arerosoft I will share it

Cheers

Carlos

On 10/12/2020 at 1:46 PM, carlosqr said:

Hi

Ben Gurion brings an autogen folder and the product is added by the xml method therefore the Auto Configurator Merger does not do its job, this means you'll lose autogen and trees in some Orbx products

Regards

Carlos

the best solution is to never run the autogen configuration merger it has problems conflicting with Orbx for years. When an add-on.xml has an Autogen entry the sim handles it fine and so does Orbx.

Archived