EGLC Texture Issue

antonijn

Yesterday I bought Orbx EGLX and LOWI when they were on sale. Whereas LOWI works without problems, I'm experiencing a texture bug with EGLC. Note that I do not have TrueEarth Great Britain South.

On the product page it says:

The scenery will work without [TrueEarth GB South], however some users may experience the following:

• Missing or misplaced forests
  • Missing or misplaced buildings surrounding the airport
  • Photoreal blending

I'd assumed this concerned only the area surrounding the airport, not the taxiways... See the attached screenshots. [Oh I can't attach screenshots ("Unknown error -200"), so imgur links it is I guess]

ufBDTV1.png

3dTNEUA.png

Note that I found a post on reddit where it's suggested in the comments that not having TrueEarth GB South is indeed the cause of this. I hope not, because that would disqualify the scenery as "working without TrueEarth" in my book, and would be quite unacceptable to me.

X-Plane version: 11.50r3 (build 115033 64-bit)

GPU: AMD Radeon RX480

scenery_packs.ini

I believe that it would come under the photoreal blending section of the compatibility notice. it was designed to work seamlessly with TEGB South.

I will ask @Greg Jones  @Ed Correiafor comment regarding the " working without True Earth" statement.

Your scenery_packs.ini is OK and I note that you are using ortho4xp coverage for the area.

Have you tried EGLC without ortho4xp as it may, and I cannot conform, be the compatible aspect within the "Working without True earth" statement. Please check. There are no Orbx addons that are designed to work with ortho4xp as those images/data are not licensed and Orbx is not licensed to use them so do not make compatible addons. Orbx makes  addons designed to be for True Earth and default XP scenery.

I agree that the ortho4xp tiles do not cover all of the UK but they do cover some of the South of Britain i.e. Bristol going West. They are certainly not part of the issue you are having with EGLC though. I only mentioned that ortho4xp was noted.

We need to wait for a response from the 2 tagged devs

Archived