True Earth very slowFrame rates SoCa

15 hours ago, Dean Salman said:

I have been using the other True Earth scenery but the frame drop with the exact same setting as before went from 30 to 10.   Are others seeing this.  I how to see a version 1.1 soon

I have to set all the P3D settings pretty low to ever get the 15

Check for any scenery double-ups, conflicts etc.  You can quickly do this by unticking every other scenery package that might be affecting the scenery, ie all regions and airports (Orbx and non-Orbx) in North America.  You should see fps back up to normal levels.  If so you can introduce your sceneries back in to the sim one by one to identify where the low fps is coming from.

I have a mid range rig and I only ever saw acceptable frame rates (with high settings so they're going to be mid 20s tops in dense scenery), even in the Los Angeles area.

This is a brand new install with p3d 4.5 and Orbx true earth Northern California and Southern California.  North area runs very smooth in the bay area and great performance.  Southern California is the reverse.   My system is fast.  4.5gz 32 ram d5. Gtx 1080. Running at 4k..  i need to set everything low including 4k to 2k otherwise I cannot land.  I will remove Northern California 

i switch to fs 2020 because I have it working very well and have the usa airports install. I hope palm springs and San Diego come soon, both in 2020 are not great.  I am using P3d only because of the King Air and the flight1tech products i have

the performance was no good so I abended the SoCA Ture earth for now.   have no idea  why the other western areas do not have this problem but if this True Earth is built on the first Orbx Southern Calif that might explain it because it was the poorest of the other other addons.  There is one plane I like to fly and it is not supported yet in MSFS 2020.  So I will put back the other scenery I had that was like True Earth for P3D when I use that software.  MSFS 2020 is working well so I hope Orbx continues to add airports over there.  

Hi Dean,

TE SoCal is using exactly the same techniques as the other regions - so technically there is no reason why it should perform any slower than the other ones. Also the betatesters couldn't see anything of this happening in their tests.

Is there a particular area where this is happening, for example LA? The LA basin tends to be rather heavy on FPS if you have road traffic activated because it is filled with so many huge multiple lane roads.

Bests,

Sascha

My friend has the exact same problem.  We both had to disable it.  I have WA OR and North CA.  I got SoCa because these packages worked very well.  If I fly from the northern part of the stat into the southern part the change occurs.  When I turn around and go back to the north it gets smooth again.  We both have very fast computers and I have to set all settings I a low to normal use.   I will keep debugging.  

This is a new install, only Orbx N and S calif is install, no airports

So I did get P4D v5 hotfix 2 working at 30 frame rates.  Everything seems to be ok, not sure the best settings with the display settings in P3D v5.  When flying straight the scenery still jumps, but guess it is loading updates as I move.   I can live with that.  My friend has a platform connected to his sim so every time the scenery does that he feels the effect.  I told him to give up and use another scenery that does not do that.    Hopefully the Orbx airports will not be a problem.  I have no idea why the TE SoCa looks poor in P3D 4.5 but whatever they did in version 5 is a million times better

For what it's still worth:

I've seen reports from people in the past running OneDrive or a virus scanner in the background. Scanning all the whole file system all the time, which can be a problem if you have tens of thousands of AGN (autogen) files installed with True Earth (which P3D tries to access at the same time when flying). This could explain a few hickups.

Archived