Central paused at end of download

John Heaton

For the last 2 days I have been taking advantage of the new bundle offer and Have purchased and Installed

a raft of all the Orbx TE including the new South California - in both V4and V5

My final download of Florida has stopped at 0.02 GB --(66.76 - 66.80) to go and been stuck there for quite a while

I am loath to close Central and try again with such a large download to both sims - and I do have 500GB left on the disc

Any advice is welcome before I close Central and try again:banghead:

Guest Josh Koz

Hi John,

Completely closing and restarting Orbx Central without cancelling the current installation will result in it picking back up from where it left off. This may give it a kick to finish off the last few percent as it may have gotten stuck. If you can attach your central.log file we can confirm if this is the case.

17 minutes ago, Josh Koz said:

Hi John,

Completely closing and restarting Orbx Central without cancelling the current installation will result in it picking back up from where it left off. This may give it a kick to finish off the last few percent as it may have gotten stuck. If you can attach your central.log file we can confirm if this is the case.

Hi Josh

Sheesh - that was quick !1

tried the close down - no dice - log attached

Whoops tried 4 times to insert log which measures 11+ Mb and max send is 7.95

7 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

Hi Josh

Sheesh - that was quick !1

tried the close down - no dice - log attached

Whoops tried 4 times to insert log which measures 11+ Mb and max send is 7.95

there seems to be many interuptions and unusually a slow download speed of around 4GBs whereas normal speed is 6++ GBs

Dont know is its any help but last few lines read 

2020-09-29T03:29:05.959Z [INFO] [Saturn] - us-florida: 80.00%  Downloaded: 66.76 GB / 66.8 GB (0 B/s). Extracted: 94153 / 94155.
2020-09-29T03:29:07.165Z [INFO] [Saturn] - us-florida: 80.00%  Downloaded: 66.76 GB / 66.8 GB (0 B/s). Extracted: 94153 / 94155.
2020-09-29T03:29:08.376Z [INFO] [Saturn] - us-florida: 80.00%  Downloaded: 66.76 GB / 66.8 GB (0 B/s). Extracted: 94153 / 94155.
2020-09-29T03:29:09.581Z [INFO] [Saturn] - us-florida: 80.00%  Downloaded: 66.76 GB / 66.8 GB (0 B/s). Extracted: 94153 / 94155.

15 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi John,

Can you try closing Central, deleting your log file (Central will rebuild it automatically), then starting Central again. This will result in a much smaller log file size that you should be able to upload here

if at first etc etc

renamed it as a copy

central florida.txt

19 hours ago, John Heaton said:

if at first etc etc

renamed it as a copy

central florida.txt 23.84 kB · 0 downloads

Hi Ben - Josh -  G/day

In the absence of any thing further from you - I took the following steps since nothing changed after 3 hours

I deleted Central and all the files I could find including the backup - crap cleaned the registry

I reinstalled Central and all working well - in "My products" - Florida showed up in V4and V5 for Install

around 3.5 hours (6.5GBs /sec) the install stopped at -- 2 short of the number 94155 i.e. 94153

Checking  in both V4and v5 MP's - it shows that it might be trying to install Florida into both at once ???

Am I ever to get the last piece of Orbx TE in place ??

The log is attached

central.log

On 9/30/2020 at 11:58 AM, John Heaton said:

Hi Ben - Josh -  G/day

In the absence of any thing further from you - I took the following steps since nothing changed after 3 hours

I deleted Central and all the files I could find including the backup - crap cleaned the registry

I reinstalled Central and all working well - in "My products" - Florida showed up in V4and V5 for Install

around 3.5 hours (6.5GBs /sec) the install stopped at -- 2 short of the number 94155 i.e. 94153

Checking  in both V4and v5 MP's - it shows that it might be trying to install Florida into both at once ???

Am I ever to get the last piece of Orbx TE in place ??

The log is attached

central.log 396.71 kB · 2 downloads

Knock - Knock etc ----- sorry about my frustration - Florida is my last link in the TE chain !!

will I get more advice - or should I be checking how to  ask for a refund or credit  ??????

Guest Josh Koz

Hi John,

Can you let me know the folder TrueEarth Florida is installing into? I can then let you know where to put a 'version.txt' file to let Orbx Central know that product is installed. At this point we can utilise 'verify files' to troubleshoot the last two files that fail to extract.

34 minutes ago, Josh Koz said:

Hi John,

Can you let me know the folder TrueEarth Florida is installing into? I can then let you know where to put a 'version.txt' file to let Orbx Central know that product is installed. At this point we can utilise 'verify files' to troubleshoot the last two files that fail to extract.

HA  - Hahhh - Now there's a coincidence

5 Mins after my sending the previous mail - somehow - somebody accessed my Central according to the log -

did something ?? - and lo and behold - Central was clear of the hold up - I decided to try the download again - 

and BINGO - Florida was installed in seconds - Thankyou Fairy Godfather !!!!!

So Josh - to answer your question - I was in Central P3D 4.5 - My products -  F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - and my V5 installed identical

and now I will attempt to install in P3D V% - My Products - later today - unless you come up with different instructions.

Archived