Which files go to the simulator

Hi all,

now I can install Orbx after some problems to find the sim and I installed KSBA and the OG20 freeware so far.

But I'm not shure about KSBA, the trees for example look as if there are no Orbx objects available.

So if the installation is as it should be which files must I have for the scenery to work?

So far I found h: \Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community\Orbx-airport-ksba-santa-barbara and \Orbx-airport-og20-fairways. Inside looks like this:

Verzeichnisbaum.JPG.af25fef7b785f53be59700c7c7dab91f.JPG

There is a 75 mb model.lib for KSBA together with the texture folder but cannot find any scenery files.

I cannot find anything else and I wonder where the Orbx Libs are.

Please can somebody describe how this works.

Did a "verify files" in Orbx Central, ok, but extremly fast, as if there is not very much to check.

KSBA is a big scenery....

Cheers

Andreas

Please post a pic of what the issue with trees is.

Regarding installation, if it has gone into the Community folder and is 154MB with 220 files and 6 folders it should be a complete installation.

What Orbx Libs are you looking for. There isn't Orbx Libs for MSFS.

On 9/23/2020 at 8:25 AM, Jon Clarke said:

Please post a pic of what the issue with trees is.

Yes it's in the community folder and has the same figures you are pointing out. Seems to be that this is mainly a conversion

of the airport itself and not of the complete area covered by the FSX/P3d scenery.

The vegetation looks like this here but meanwhile I found that this is exactly the same in the stock scenery at KSBA.

Bad_Trees_2.thumb.JPG.06a70dd770d18a2ea559f61f68825c17.JPG

Because the coverage is not extended compared with the P3d scenery such nice features are missing as the marina and nearby beaches and more.

Also it seems to be that we have some brown shadow here on the scenery at townside which is typical for the Bing map server at some zoom levels

and in urban areas. 

So my opinion regarding what I see here is that this cannot compete at all with the fantastic FSX/P3d scenery for KSBA.

But luckily I have this of course.

Cheers

Andreas

Archived