EGNM Landmarks or True Earth Central

Hi I currently own EGNM for MSFS2020 and X-Plane however I've noticed that a few VRP landmarks are missing in MSFS2020 namely Cookridge Tower aka Tinshill Tower https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinshill_BT_Tower it isn't a tall structure in the current autogen nor is the local area recognisable outside of the airport pack.  

I have True Earth GB in X-Plane and everything has been faithfully reproduced which is great for VFR flying.

Does Orbx have plans for either True Earth GB or a landmarks pack for EGNM Leeds/ Bradford area for MSFS?

On 9/17/2020 at 10:51 AM, Wings Of Rad said:

Hi I currently own EGNM for MSFS2020 and X-Plane however I've noticed that a few VRP landmarks are missing in MSFS2020 namely Cookridge Tower aka Tinshill Tower https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinshill_BT_Tower it isn't a tall structure in the current autogen nor is the local area recognisable outside of the airport pack.  

I have True Earth GB in X-Plane and everything has been faithfully reproduced which is great for VFR flying.

Does Orbx have plans for either True Earth GB or a landmarks pack for EGNM Leeds/ Bradford area for MSFS?

You are comparing a regional scenery addon to an airport so I guess wouldn't it be up to Orbx discretion if they should include scenery outside the airport? Or are you saying the Cookridge Tower comes with the EGNM for X-Plane and not TrueEarth pack? There probably is some overlap, I know EGLC for example comes with quite a bit of surrounding scenery like Excel and Tate & Lyle Sugars building which really add to the authencitiy.

9 hours ago, dtrjones said:

You are comparing a regional scenery addon to an airport so I guess wouldn't it be up to Orbx discretion if they should include scenery outside the airport? Or are you saying the Cookridge Tower comes with the EGNM for X-Plane and not TrueEarth pack? There probably is some overlap, I know EGLC for example comes with quite a bit of surrounding scenery like Excel and Tate & Lyle Sugars building which really add to the authencitiy.

Thanks for your question. 

I raised the point because I also have Orbx EGNM for X-Plane along with True Earth GB (N,Central & S) and can confirm that Cookridge Tower comes with TE Central. So I suppose my question was  . . are there any plans for Orbx to add TE GB to MSFS2020 or if not the whole package then maybe a landmarks pack like they have done for London with key POI and VRPs such as Cookrigde Tower.

That said Ed kind of alluded to such plans in his post above.

Archived