EGLC 1.02 Observations

Hi Team!

Thank you so much for bringing us EGLS for FS20! It's already looking great!

Here are a few things I noticed at EGLC after the 1.02 Update:

- There is a cluster of buildings right south of the Terminal that shouldn't be there - it even blocks the railway.

- Right there south of that building cluster should be the Drew Primary School - since this is a rather special building it would be nice to have it there.

- Palm Beach County is missing a fire truck. ;)

- The ILS Antenna Arrays on both ends of the runway are missing.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 09.09.2020 00_10_36.png

Microsoft Flight Simulator 09.09.2020 00_05_49.png

London City Airport - Google Maps - Mozilla Firefox 09.09.2020 00_07_01 (2).png

Hi Tranceshark,

"glad" to see, that I'm not the only one fighting the issue with that building, which blocks the railway and destroys immersion quite a lot. I reported it and asked for help over two weeks ago - so far without the slightest reaction from the devs. Quite disappointing for a loyal customer, who bought almost every P3D-scenery from them...

So, let's wait and see when they fix that issue - but for the time being I'll definetly keep my hands off any other scenery. 

Best regards

Toby

• 1 month later...

A youtuber named Notam just made an honest yet critical review on this product. Some of the notes he makes in there, might help with the development/updating of this scenery.

The nightlighting he points out, is something i've not noticed as i've only done one nightflight so far, but i guess it would be awsome if those little issues got fixed to make it as "real as it gets".

Dont get me wrong, i love the product!   Keep on making great stuff Team Orbx

Kindest Regards,

Frank Strokap

Hi guys, just noted this feed and just flew into LCY on MSFS too...

... The airport is very different now with the new apron extension and new taxiways so no backtrack is required anymore (see the latest CAA/NATS Charts for LCY. It looks very different IRL compared to this (though it looks ver my good still! But not particularly accurate any longer)

Thanks for pointing this out guys.

Obviously most of the issues raised in that video we're aware of and we have a second patch planned to address those.

There are some glaring inaccuracies; namely the reference to low res taxiway markings (the markings are the same as those used in all the default airports).

This is the first airport we attempted in the new simulator and at the time, there were a great many compromises made simply because the functionality we wanted, didn't exist or wasn't made available to us. Now that we have greater control over the content and customisation, you'll see a lot of these issues resolved - this primarily applies to the taxiway lighting which, although still not perfect, it's now much easier to get working correctly.

Greg

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2020 at 2:41 PM, Greg Jones said:

Thanks for pointing this out guys.

Obviously most of the issues raised in that video we're aware of and we have a second patch planned to address those.

There are some glaring inaccuracies; namely the reference to low res taxiway markings (the markings are the same as those used in all the default airports).

This is the first airport we attempted in the new simulator and at the time, there were a great many compromises made simply because the functionality we wanted, didn't exist or wasn't made available to us. Now that we have greater control over the content and customisation, you'll see a lot of these issues resolved - this primarily applies to the taxiway lighting which, although still not perfect, it's now much easier to get working correctly.

Greg

Have all the issues discussed in the video been rectified?

Thanks.

Jose

On 9/9/2020 at 11:43 AM, Greg Jones said:

Thanks for pointing out those issues. We'll add them to the list for a future update.

The misplaced building was acknowledged here: 

Greg

Same question for me. Has anything been fixed so far?

1. buildings on the rails in front of the station

2. total mess of taxi blue and green lighting

I am not used to such gross bugs from Orbx, which are not fixed for months!

Archived