Sceneries Orbx in Microsoft Flight Simulator

Hi,

I have a question. How can you see if the Orbx add-ons, such as LOWI, work well in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSF2020)? I bought a number of airports via Orbx, but it seems as if I don't see them in MSF2020. I also bought an Orbx airport (LOWI) in the flight simulator and cannot imagine that it works well in MSF2020. 
Can someone help me so that I can be sure that airports bought through Orbx work? I would like to buy LOWW now, but I am in doubt. It doesn't help that I buy it through Orbx and don't work in MSF2020.
Possibly via my e-mail sipke@sipkew.eu.

Thank you.

Greetings, Sipke.

Hello,

same situation for me. I bought KORS through Orbx and first installed it in a "special" Orbx folder but it wasn't shown as installed in MSFS2020. At least it was shown as OWNED. After the update even this is gone. As per advise from a streamer I uninstalled it with Orbx CENTRAL and installed it under e:\MSFS where the MSFS is installed.

Still, it is not shown in MSFS 2020 under installed after after the MSFS 2020 update not even shown under owned.

I start to get frustrated to be honest as I followed the default Orbx CENTRAL way to install the scenery.

How can I solve this?

grafik.thumb.png.81a690a58d66fa320811ae46f07b84cb.pnggrafik.thumb.png.53b69e3eceff2dcc84b119ccbbd2f6a2.png

Hello,

OK, that explains why I can't SEE the scenery I bought via the Orbx. KORS is installed in the community folder which is as far ar I now the right place.

Still, when I select KORS as my airport to start only the default MSFS 2020 "version" is shown - not the Orbx scenery.

What am I doing wrong?

Greeting from Germany

Joachim

grafik.png.8feebc2b091eff49bf64b9df919e6df0.png

My London Landmarks, which I bought directly from Orbx, was shown as "Installed" in MSFS in the Marketplace before the update. It now isn't shown at all, nor is the free airport from Aerosoft or the OG20 from Orbx. Orbx Central still shows the Orbx ones as owned and installed and the verify files option worked fine.  

I say all of this because even if it is MSFT's fault, this is going to be a support problem here if I'm not the only one this is happening to. I haven't flown to Buckingham Palace yet to see if this is just an anomaly or something more serious. I'll report back once I've checked that.

Hello,

in my own experience, nothing that was installed using Orbx Central has so far ever shown as either owned or

installed into the Microsoft Flight Simulator.

This is because of the often repeated explanation that Orbx Direct and the Microsoft Marketplace are entirely separate.

Yesterday's update has not changed anything in that respect.

However, all of the products installed using Orbx Central do in fact work in the game.

That is the only current trusted method of testing the installation.

The folders appear to be in the right place.

grafik.png

Hello Nick,

I partially agree on what you wrote.

I understand that that ORXB CENTRAL and MSFS MARKETPLACE are two independent and separate tools. As they are not linked none will show "the other" products.

Fine with that.

But the KORS scenery I bought directly through Orbx was shown before the update under INSTALLED (#1) even though it hasn't had the INSTALLED (INSTALLIERT #2) description in it's product window. I shared this already last week with you.

After the update it is NOT shown under INSTALLED (#1) anymore .

Nevertheless - regardless if it is shown in Marketplace or not - it should WORK.

The Orbx KORS scenery I bought should replace the default scenery if Orbx CENTRAL installed it at the right place - which it did you confirmed.

When back at home I will start a flight at KORS and take a screenshot and you can decide if what I see is default or Orbx.

Or are there (so to say ) TWO KORS airports I can choose from? e.g. KORS and KORS Orbx? 

Thanks for all of your patience and support.

Greetings from Germany

Joachim

image.thumb.png.806069ec490269b4780a73f01ebb25aa.png

I still can't determine if the Orbx sceneries work in MSFS2020, so I will take screenshots and photos of LOWW tonight, then buy and install them through Orbx and take screenshots and photos again. See if there are indeed differences. I would like to buy Orbx sceneries and have already bought almost 70 sceneries for P3D (too bad, because now I can do it again). Hope for a solution, because there is a lot of money in it. 

Hello Joachim ,

I think that the Microsoft system is causing confusion.

The screen you show is of "Official Content".

"Official Content" I believe, is that supplied through the Microsoft Marketplace.

I see only the simulator itself on that page and I see nothing else installed

at all, as indeed you do not either.

For sure, nothing installed with Orbx Central shows up, except when you see it

at work in the game itself.

On 9/3/2020 at 3:39 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Joachim ,

I think that the Microsoft system is causing confusion.

The screen you show is of "Official Content".

"Official Content" I believe, is that supplied through the Microsoft Marketplace.

I see only the simulator itself on that page and I see nothing else installed

at all, as indeed you do not either.

For sure, nothing installed with Orbx Central shows up, except when you see it

at work in the game itself.

Similar issues in that I installed the products bought direct from Orbx and there is nowhere in MSFS to show "Community " add-ons. This is a failing in MSFS not Orbx, however I am not convinced the sceneries are being used so will conduct further tests.

I will report sometime tomorrow.

Before the recent update these airports showed up in the installed list in MSFS, but now don't.

BTW since the recent MSFS update the one third-party product bought through the Marketplace, Zell am See, has now disappeared from my owned list. That's now with MSFS.

Ray

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Sceneries Orbx in Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • 2 weeks later...

You can do a bit of a check on what add-ons are being detected by MSFS by opening the Content.xml file.  Add-ons located in the Community folder should have an entry in the Content.xml - probably near the bottom after the normal content is listed.

Archived