KSBA has no taxi directions?

Just flew out of KSBA for the first time since buying. Have flown in only until now. Realized it doesn’t seem to support the taxi directions for departing aircraft?  I got instructions to taxi to 7 from gate 2a via “taxiway” and there was no names of the taxiways or the “taxi ribbon”. I know I’ve gotten one after landing before though. I was using the newly modified 320 that’s floating around but I don’t think that’s the issue even though it was my first flight in it as I had a ribbon after landing at my destination. 

23 hours ago, Misha Cajic said:

Hi,

Strange, do you get a different result if you start from a different parking spot?

We're all still learning the SDK too so not everything will go as planned as we can see!

Cheers

Hi Misha thanks for the reply!  Sorry I have not had a chance to check this yet.  I will look tonight and verify behavior with a different gate or parking.

23 hours ago, Misha Cajic said:

Hi,

Strange, do you get a different result if you start from a different parking spot?

We're all still learning the SDK too so not everything will go as planned as we can see!

Cheers

Ok I tried 5 different spots.  2 at the main terminal, one on the north side of the main terminal, one at the south end by the 33 rwy's and one at the NE corner of the airport and used two different aircraft just to make sure it's not an issue somehow with that modded A320.  Every time I was told to "taxi to rwy 7" and there was never a mention of which taxiways to use or the blue taxi ribbon thing.  I'm ok with it if this is intended behavior, but I'd have at least expected to be told which taxiways to use even if the ribbon thing didn't show :) 

1 hour ago, Misha Cajic said:

Hi,

Okay great thanks for checking that. And just to confirm, the taxi directions work ok for all other runways?

Ohhh ummm, I don't know, I just loaded up with real weather which put 7 as the active.  I'll have to check the others.  Sorry about that.

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2020 at 7:50 PM, Misha Cajic said:

Hi,

Cheers

Hi Misha,

I am loving KSBA but I am having the same issues. No detailed taxi instructions. This may be due to the taxi signage being completely  incorrect. I am attaching the airport diagram with the proper taxi designations. Hopefully you can provide an update with the proper designations.

Except for the taxi designations the scenery is outstanding. 

Scott

image.thumb.png.06c7079b51ca6a3fa5d319cbe43e3ad1.png

• 2 weeks later...

@Misha Cajic - I know you're a professional at this so hopefully this isn't a silly post -_- I just know the SDK is in all kinda states of wonkeyness right now so am curious if there's a diamond in the rough here:

This guy stared a series very recently on SDK work to setup a runway, taxilanes that work with ATC, and ILS approaches. You probably already know or did all this stuff, but maybe there's something weird going on?

Again mentioned in my other post, I was able to get taxi ribbon direction just fine I landed at KSBA, it's only on departure... so who knows because that seems very odd. I hope you're able to figure it out eventually. Thanks for the great work!

Hey Scott,

I don't know everything there is to know about the SDK, so that video will help me too :) Not silly at all and I appreciate the post.

Been working on a fix to the taxiway signs which will be done soon, but I moved houses over the weekend so that put my routine all out of whack. Will also take a look at fixing this for the update.

Cheers, Misha

On 10/8/2020 at 9:47 AM, simpilot2450 said:

Hi Misha,

I am loving KSBA but I am having the same issues. No detailed taxi instructions. This may be due to the taxi signage being completely  incorrect. I am attaching the airport diagram with the proper taxi designations. Hopefully you can provide an update with the proper designations.

Except for the taxi designations the scenery is outstanding. 

Scott

image.thumb.png.06c7079b51ca6a3fa5d319cbe43e3ad1.png

I agree with this. Is there a plan in the future to make the Taxiways correct, so that one can use an FAA plate to follow ATC directions?

In addition to the taxiways, I just noticed the runway paint on the taxiway for 07/25 is not correct. The signs are correct but the paint is for 33/15. Good luck navigating around this airport if you’re unfamiliar with it, and aren’t paying attention to your compass. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived