YTYA seasonal imagery (Texture?) of airfield

Hi,

This is something I have only recently noticed, given it is winter. Just today it dawned on me that I am only getting a really dried out summer feel for YTYA, while on the ground.

I think there may be an issue at play?

Below is an example of a birds eye view, from two different elevations... First is closer to the ground showing dry conditions, the second is zoomed out to the next level, where the lusher texture materialises.

2020-8-28_16-18-34-200.thumb.jpg.a4b2a9fc4ced87e6c9c16ad2491e5728.jpg2020-8-28_16-18-38-310.thumb.jpg.1aa93691a2a30308d9b7e3f09bc94971.jpg

This is the only way I can depict what is going on. On the ground/in the aircraft and flying in, it solidly depicts the summer conditions.

P3D V4.5 HF3,

I have AUv2,

YTYA config is set to AUv2 mode (Changing that only displays an elevation issue, with no change to the seasonal issue),

Both add-ons are up to date,

As for the default AUv2 YTYA, disabling or enabling those files make no difference. 

Hope someone can help out?!

I do remember that there was a problem with the textures being wrong season, as I recall as you approached from the north the textures would change down the field as you got closer.

Last I heard the developer wasn't sure what was causing it and was going to look into it.  This post might bring it to someone's attention again.

@Jordan Gough

Ahhh, thanks @John Dow. Yep that sounds about right! Alright fingers crossed...

I'm getting the sense quite broadly but with Orbx especially, that as this fast moving technology seeds up, developers are becoming more and more stretched in their ability to keep up "Compatibility" of already released products. It seems to be something that is becoming less and less front of mind or less of a priority.   

5 hours ago, flsm (Frank) said:

This is my home airfield in real life.  Who do I give the brown paper bag to in order to get it into MSFS?!  Cheers.

It's quite good already in MSFS, the trees are too dense and tall but it's not a bad representation.

5 hours ago, John Dow said:

It's quite good already in MSFS, the trees are too dense and tall but it's not a bad representation.

...... except it is missing the main building on the airport, the 2-storey Clubhouse, the owners of the airport!  Cheers.

Archived