LOWI - cliff 08 end of runway / 26 departures.

Hi

I'm really enjoying LOWI in MSFS, it's the airport I've used the most in P3D and it's great to have it in MSFS so soon.

One thing that does stand out for me is that as well as the buildings, in the P3D version I liked how the mountains immediately around the airport were included and were such a good match to real world. In particular there is an almost vertical large cliff face near to the 08 end of the runway. The P3Dv4/5 versions had this spot on. In the MSFS version the mountain just slopes down rather than any steep drop.

Is it possible for this to also be in the MSFS version? Is it a better mesh in this area? A comparison between real world, P3D and MSFS versions are shown below.

Thanks

Real world LOWI.jpg

P3D.jpg

MSFS.jpg

cliff on take off.JPG

Here is  quote from the developer regarding the current limitations of mesh in MSFS:

"At this point, we can't include our own custom DEM (elevation mesh). It is our top priority to implement once this feature becomes available to us; we are extremely keen to see this implemented too. "

So as you can see it is known a bout and waiting for a resolution to the issue being sought so Orbx can implement better mesh representation.

3 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Here is  quote from the developer regarding the current limitations of mesh in MSFS:

"At this point, we can't include our own custom DEM (elevation mesh). It is our top priority to implement once this feature becomes available to us; we are extremely keen to see this implemented too. "

So as you can see it is known a bout and waiting for a resolution to the issue being sought so Orbx can implement better mesh representation.

Thanks Jon, I look forward to MS enabling it.

Archived