I'm finding that finding things in the new sim a bit daunting. Does MSFS have its own library - if so where can I find it. Yesterday I purchased LOWI for MSFS, loaded a flight only to find (later) that the airport was the default one. Question is, when I made the purchase and downloaded through Central, should I have designated a MSFS folder/account for it to reside in. I assumed incorrectly, that as it was for MSFS that Orbx Central would have put it in the right place. Somebody give me some advice please. Thanks

Don  

Don there are twp options for where the scenery resides , in your Sim directory ; or in a main directory outside of your sims that you have to create manually . The Orbx Central installation will ask you where you want the scenery to reside .

John

7 hours ago, BradB said:

Don there are twp options for where the scenery resides , in your Sim directory ; or in a main directory outside of your sims that you have to create manually . The Orbx Central installation will ask you where you want the scenery to reside .

John

Thanks John, I have also purchased KORS, which did as you said and asked where I wanted the software, and I directed it to the MSFS folder suggested. With LOWI I didn't get that option so I assumed it was different for whatever reason. I'm hoping NIck or one of the moderators/developers can come to my rescue and advise me how to sort this out. Thanks

Don

Do you have to create a library like with other sims? 

If the sim updates differently for example no need to uninstall reinstall like p3d then the need for an external install would not be needed? 

Just asking as I haven't bought no addons yet.

7 p's... 

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Why don’t you uninstall LOWI , and then reinstall again and make sure it goes where you want it . 

John

Thanks John, found it was sitting in the MSFS library but hadn't installed. The others I have purchased, have installed instantly, anyway problem solved, thanks for your input and advice.

Don

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

Do you have to create a library like with other sims? 

If the sim updates differently for example no need to uninstall reinstall like p3d then the need for an external install would not be needed? 

Just asking as I haven't bought no addons yet.

7 p's... 

Mate from what I have been able to work out, Orbx establishes a library when you make your first purchase. I didn't do anything but make a purchase, it asks you where you want to put the software,  MSFS or P3D, click on where you want to put it, and Orbx does the rest, you've gotta love that.:)

Don 

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Mate from what I have been able to work out, Orbx establishes a library when you make your first purchase. I didn't do anything but make a purchase, it asks you where you want to put the software,  MSFS or P3D, click on where you want to put it, and Orbx does the rest, you've gotta love that.:)

Don 

cheers Don, yeah I love it when software just does what it's supposed to do and I don't have to tinker. I have seen on another forum how people messed with files before MSFS installed and then it don't work....seems a different beast....

Archived