TE CA WA OR

Hi,

I recently purchased the TE North America bundle for XP11 and I am having some graphic issues. Overall, all products look terrific, both for VFR and IFR, except for this annoying problem which makes the all thing unusable. The problem is self explanatory by looking at the picture. There is a strange mesh which start from distance and looks like a river or a lake but eventually it gets closer and closer to get most of the visual field and eventually disappears.

I need to mention that I am using XP 11.50b17 with vulkan enabled.

Thanks in advance.

Gianfranco  

ORBX2 Claim.jpg

ORBX3 Claim.jpg

ORBX4 Claim.jpg

ORBX5 Claim.jpg

ORBX Claim.jpg

Welcome. What you are seeing is an issue with XP11 beta/Vulkan if you are referring to the pale blue "horizon".

Please confirm that that is what you are referring to.

If it is then for info purposes please provide your PC specs and XP settings.

Does this happen in XP11v40/41?

There are many reports of this on the X-Plane.org forums and is nothing to do with the True Earth addon.

It maybe your PC specs and XP settings as I never have this issue and my specs are quite high as can be viewed in my signature below.

You may also wish to post your issue on that X-Plane.org forum.

Hi Jon,

thank you for your prompt response. I confirm that the problem is with the pale blue horizon that you can see in the pics I attached. I also stated I am running Vulkan and I know your software is not certified for XP beta version but because I could not find any other complain on this forum about my issue I thought it was just me. Unfortunately, I cannot test on not beta version unless roll back my XP installation and to be honest I don't feel like doing it. Too much work....

As per my spec:

My Rig: I7-6700 @ 4.8Ghz,  MoBo MSI Z170A Gaming M7, RAM 16GB DDR4 3000MHz, GC Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti, LG Monitor 2560x1080.

My XP setting are attched.

Thanks again,

Gianfranco589743445_XPSettings.thumb.jpg.0021cfe9c9d5b94ad2a0e3f96c219ebc.jpg

5 hours ago, gianfranco19 said:

Hi Jon,

I actually un-flagged the "use vulkan driver" option on my XP11 settings and gave it a try. I am not sure that by doing this is equivalent to runt the v40/41 but I can tell you the problem is still there.

Gianfranco

We can ask @Tony Wroblewski if he has any ideas, but as I said before there are reports on the X-Plane.org forums about this issue. Also please make sure you answer regarding the drivers that @Sentry11 asked. Thanks

12 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

We can ask @Tony Wroblewski if he has any ideas, but as I said before there are reports on the X-Plane.org forums about this issue. Also please make sure you answer regarding the drivers that @Sentry11 asked. Thanks

Hi Jon,

that would be nice. Hopefully, Tony can share some ideas.

I did search the XP forum but could not find my same issue. If you can, please point me to any thread that's reporting the problem and I will take it from there.

Thanks,

Gianfranco  

Here is one that seems to be describing exactly what you are seeing and others, but my no means ALL, have also experienced.

Although it was an earlier version of beta that is being discussed the problem remains for you.

You may get some insight from the topic:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/218995-blue-tiles-with-heavy-xplane-scenery-setup/

This is also what I got by entering "Blue tiles in XP11.50" into Google:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=axg4X5WfGsv1gQaZ-pKQDw&q=blue+tiles+in+xp11.50&oq=blue+tiles+in+xp11.50&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQDFCMUliwcGDkfmgGcAB4AIABRogBtgOSAQE3mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesABAQ&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjVgPWU253rAhXLesAKHRm9BPIQ4dUDCAw

I know that Tony is extremely busy at the moment so I am unsure when he may get to look at the forum and our request for his comment.

Archived