Tablet compatible apps

wain71

I am looking to buy either an ipad or android tablet for use with either of my sims... P3d and xp11. Are things like little navmap.. Aivlasoft EFB  useable on these?.. I have both but as I only have 1 monitor I don't use them much.. I think what I would really like is a moving map with pfd charts view able.. I also have navigraph charts if that works. 

There is a vfr map in msfs 2020 similar to the one in xp11 but obviously until next week we won't know what apps work with that sim.. 

If anyone uses any of the above can you let me know if setup is easy and are the apps reliable? 

Thanks 

I use a basic Amazon Fire tablet with my sim.  It works perfectly with Navigraph Charts, providing a nice moving map.  I especially appreciated it during the recent PilotEdge/EAA virtual Oshkosh fly-in.  The  Fisk Arrival requires following the railroad tracks.  I fly the Mooney Bravo,and with this plane's long nose, this can be hard to  do.  The Navigraph moving map on my tablet made this very easy.  It also makes taxiing around unfamiliar airports easier; you can see just where you are on the airport diagram and follow your progress.

I also use my tablet to reference VFRmap and Skyvector, as well as a couple of other aviation apps. I keep several tabs open at once, and flip between them as necessary.  

I use an "X-Grip" mount by Ram Mounts to attach my tablet to the yoke.  I love this setup, and it greatly adds to the realism.

I don't know about the specific programs you mention, since I haven't used them. They likely might work.  But what I use works very well.

By the way, one nice feature of Navigraph is that I can sit on my back porch with another Fire Tablet and create my next flight plan.

For pictures of my setup see:

Www.FSXTimes.WordPress.com/cockpit:Ken(KFRG US....)

Ken

As I mentioned, I use a basic Amazon Fire 7 tablet, US $50.  It's an Android operating system.  Quite adequate for a dedicated FS tablet.  

I should also mention that since the pictures that Tom Tsui put up on FSXTimes last year I've added a 7 inch monitor to the panel (under the Radio Panels).  It's primarily for the Rex Weather Radar, but I occasionally use it for other things.  One of these days I'll send Tom an update.

Ken

Archived