KSJC in P3Dv4.5 terrain issues

Hello,

this is intended as a base line only.

Here is the airport installed into P3D version 4.5.13.32097.

It is important that this version or later is used.

Please check your P3D versions.

This is just the airport.

2020-8-2_19-14-26-426.jpg

and this is the airport with every other Orbx product active

2020-8-2_19-26-11-881.jpg

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one having this problem...I'm using P3Dv4.5, Global Base pack, and Global vector only and I tried uninstalling multiple times and the same problems occurs as the images show above...To bad you cannot disable KSjC in Global vector manually due to elevation issues..

Hello,

are you now saying that you are not using the recently released addon version?

there are no Vector AEC files for the airport and with only Orbx products, as demonstrated, it works.

The solution will be to find out what is affecting the elevation.

Which exact P3D version are you using please?

• Nick Cooper changed the title to KSJC in P3Dv4.5 terrain issues
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nick,

Updating from installed 4.5.12.30293 to the latest 4.5.14.34698 fixed the problem for me beautifully but created another. Loading time (of the default)  went from 2-3 minutes to over 10 minutes. Also I got an error message that MV_WX.dll was incompatible with the p3D version. I checked and MV_WX.dll v1.40.45 is installed and I cannot find anything newer. 

In any case I cannot accept loading time over 10 minutes. Also I cannot download the P3D second hotfix 4.5.13.32097. LM no longer seems to offer it. Is there an elevation correction file you can offer so that I can use your first class scenery? Or any other suggestions.

Thank you.

Steve P.

Hello,

MV_WX.dll is a file that belongs to Milviz, who are aircraft developers.

Attached is the file that should be in scenery\world\scenery.

I don't know why your loading time has increased so much, unless you have a vast amount of scenery loaded?

I have all the Orbx products installed and if I try to load P3D with them all switched on, indeed it does take a very long time to load.

KSJC_ADEP5_GRJ_ALT.bgl

Thank you, Nick. It turns out if I followed instructions and deleted the prepar3d.cfg file and allowed it to rebuild I would not have had to trouble you. I have now done so and am back to under 2 minutes to load. KSJC  looks super.

I'll work on the MV_WX.dll elsewhere.

Steve P.

Archived