Queenstown (NZQN) airport showing only 2D textures, no buildings

Just flew into my newly purchased NZQN for the first time and I seem to be suffering from a major bug: Half the runway is just a photorealistic ground texture, all the airport builds are gone (only textures on the ground), same for the houses in the bay.

This only happens when I fly there from somewhere else. If I load P3D in Queenstown, everything looks correct.

I have tried this with:

- only NZQN installed.

- NZQN and NZ South Island installed. (NZSI installed first)

Have also uninstalled and reinstalled both repeatedly. Also tried disabling the NZSI elevation correction for NZQN to make sure the file from the NZQN installation is used instead.

Have also tried installing it directly in the P3D folder instead of the library.

Nothing seems to help. It is rather frustrating when you've purchased something.

Hi Marc,

Odd, probably a v5 thing, usually that sort of thing happens when the Orbx NZSI default NZQN shows through.

Typically renaming the Orbx\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZSI_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZQN.BGL to ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZQN.BGL.off will resolve the issue.

If you use Little Nav Map and review the airport details you'll be able to see the files being used for the airport (like in the pic below).

Also it seems a big thing is people not installing Object flow as it should be, or unintentially having two instances installed in different locations.

So Object Flow correctly installed as well?

For example I have the one instance v3.0.4 installed into my Global library.

Cheers QA

D728742F5E7CB333317C519EF4322E21CB4F9E75

4 hours ago, Quantum Amiga said:

Odd, probably a v5 thing, usually that sort of thing happens when the Orbx NZSI default NZQN shows through.

Typically renaming the Orbx\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZSI_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZQN.BGL to ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZQN.BGL.off will resolve the issue.

If you use Little Nav Map and review the airport details you'll be able to see the files being used for the airport (like in the pic below).

Also it seems a big thing is people not installing Object flow as it should be, or unintentially having two instances installed in different locations.

So Object Flow correctly installed as well?

For example I have the one instance v3.0.4 installed into my Global library.

The issue appeared even before I bought and installed the South Island. And when I got the South Island after the first bugged flights, I made sure to uninstall NZQN first, as suggested.

I also renamed the file you suggested, which had no effect, sadly.

At this point I would rule out NZSI being the issue?

Objectflow is installed correctly, in my library. Not having any issues with other scenery either.

I reinstalled Objectflow and the Libraries just in case as well, which also did not fix the problem.

I’ve spent a considerable amount of money on the airport and the region. They don’t work. 

I’ve asked for support, four days later still no reaction. And you don’t do e-mail support. 

So at this point am I just supposed to take the loss of money and move on? 

Hello,

apologies for the delay in answering.

I have installed just the airport into an Orbx Central Library and although I see all the buildings, I also see only half the runway.

I have not yet installed New Zealand into P3D v5.

I'll do that and return to the topic.

If it turns out that the airport product is not yet properly compatible, or, as is more likely, one of the P3D v5 "hotfixes" has broken it,

you should be able to have a refund. I expect that you would prefer to have it fixed though?

6 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

apologies for the delay in answering.

I have installed just the airport into an Orbx Central Library and although I see all the buildings, I also see only half the runway.

I have not yet installed New Zealand into P3D v5.

I'll do that and return to the topic.

If it turns out that the airport product is not yet properly compatible, or, as is more likely, one of the P3D v5 "hotfixes" has broken it,

you should be able to have a refund. I expect that you would prefer to have it fixed though?

Have you loaded the sim in Queenstown or actually flown there?

If I load the sim in Queenstown, the airport actually works just fine. It's just when I fly in, that both the buildings and the runway are bugged.

A fix would be preferable of course. Thanks for getting back to me.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

no dice, on wellington to queenstown sector, performance degrades to single digits

performance is fine in wellington. its nzsi or queenstown

unintalled/installed/verified nzqn, no changes

what do i do? uninstall nzqn and nzsi the reinstall?

uninstalled nzsi and nzqn, deleted the install files

redownloaded nzsi, installed, verified files

loaded p3d, flew to nzqn without nzqn scenery installed

NZSI is the problem

i always get to within 25nm of NZCH christchurch and performance dives from 20-30 fps, to steady 10fps

install or verify files not fixing this problem

as i said, im not the only one with this problem... dont correlate silence with no problems...

nzqn is not installed, this is an issue with NZSI, some sort of leak when within 30nm, 20nm of CH vor

Archived