NOCAL Happy Camp Airport (36S) "potholes" in runway

Louismg

There are huge "bumps" (sharp and unnatural) elevation changes on the runway of 36S in the Northern Califoria Scenery for XP11.  It makes the runway unusable and I had to takeoff from the Taxiway.

Other than that, I was thrilled to see that such a small airport had custom handplaced scenery!!

I just did a flight there and I see know potholes nor elevation changes on the runway as per attached pic.

Ensure that you have Runways follow terrain contours enabled in the XP settings/General.

Orbx is not responsible for the airports in the True Earth addons as they are all Laminar default Gateway airports. I am glad you enjoy the airport anyway:)

Capture.thumb.JPG.216dba193ed0af325e5ee7a0851cd950.JPG

After downloading a version dated December 2019, I can now see the bumps etc that you refer to.

I attach a "flattened" version of the apt.dat which removes the bumps etc but unfortunately causes steep cliffs around the airport.

It would be Laminar's responsibility to make the necessary exclusions or whatever is necessary to remedy the issue.

You can try the apt.dat as it does make the airport usable but with caveats. Just rename you current apt.dat in 36S Earth nav data folder to apt.dat.bak and drop the attched on in and see the results.

apt.dat

Archived