Download Problems

Used central to try and download and install True Earth Central and Northern GB scenery . During the download process using Orbx Central I choose to install  in x-plane 11 folder but receive error message saying that this product cannot be installed in the selected simulator. I have the STEAM version of x-plane 11 installed on my 'D' Drive. Any suggestions regarding how to proceed ? 

Problems downloading and Installing Scenery.docx

1 hour ago, Derek DJB said:

Used central to try and download and install True Earth Central and Northern GB scenery . During the download process using Orbx Central I choose to install  in x-plane 11 folder but receive error message saying that this product cannot be installed in the selected simulator. I have the STEAM version of x-plane 11 installed on my 'D' Drive. Any suggestions regarding how to proceed ? 

Problems downloading and Installing Scenery.docx 2.3 MB · 0 downloads

Welcome.

Have you got just the one installation of XP?

Do you met ALL the requirements necessary to install True Earth addons especially regarding free dosk space on both the disk you are downloading onto (in Windows this is defauslt set to C drive) and free space on the disk you wan to install on to?

Please read the linked topic if you have not already done so.

If you do meet all the requirements then try another install and as soon as you get the  message about not able to install, attach a copy of your Orbx Central log file available via Orbx Central/settings/help.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/189843-installing-trueearth-addons-guide/

Hi Jon

Many thanks for getting back to me so quickly - much appreciated. I was aware of the memory space required  and, having a 500gb SSD  'C' drive, I was directing everything to my larger D Drive. I had installed and uninstalled the trial version of X-plane 11 on D  drive prior to installing the full version using STEAM on my D drive. I went into settings and created a TEMP directory as suggested but still get the same message saying it can't be installed in the selected simulator (not sure how it looks for X-plane 11). Wondering if there were problems with my original uninstall. 

Not particularly computer literate - should I give up!!! In terms of my age profile, I am aware that  'the old dogs, new tricks'  syndrome might be an issue!

Best regards

Derek

7 hours ago, Derek DJB said:

Hi Jon

Many thanks for getting back to me so quickly - much appreciated. I was aware of the memory space required  and, having a 500gb SSD  'C' drive, I was directing everything to my larger D Drive. I had installed and uninstalled the trial version of X-plane 11 on D  drive prior to installing the full version using STEAM on my D drive. I went into settings and created a TEMP directory as suggested but still get the same message saying it can't be installed in the selected simulator (not sure how it looks for X-plane 11). Wondering if there were problems with my original uninstall. 

Not particularly computer literate - should I give up!!! In terms of my age profile, I am aware that  'the old dogs, new tricks'  syndrome might be an issue!

Best regards

Derek

OK I now know where to look.

In Orbx Central at the top of the screen there  is a heading with the Sim labelled . I need you to scroll down and you will probably see that you actually have 2 copies of XP listed  in Orbx Central. It is reading that data from your XP Installation log. 

You need to choose the correct installation. It is probably showing your Demo version and you cannot install addons to that version. Click on the down arrow and it shows all the XP installations you have. Move your mouse over the list and it will show you the location of the installation.

i also suggest you got to User/your name/AppData/Local in your C drive and look nera the bottom of that folder and you will see x-plane_install_11. Then just remove the entry for the Demo version and that will ensure that Orbx Central only shows your full version to install into. See second pic:

My pic below illustrates better what I am saying:

Capture9.thumb.JPG.e926369cad8d53d690e9a10baf224c1d.JPG

Capture.thumb.JPG.894cba22395c9391ce5f4857309273d9.JPG

Hi Jon

Many thanks for you response. Very clear and concise instructions. Unfortunately, the drop down menu in Central is only showing one installation of x-plane. Also there  was  no x-plane-install.txt file, in the AppData/Local directory, to delete, so I am still receiving the message about not being able to install the scenery in the simulation. 

Best regards

Derek

Hi Jon

Strangely I have  just installed the GB south demo scenery successfully into my existing X-plane simulator installation.  but still cannot install my GB North and Cental  purchases - usual message about not being able to install in current simulator.

Best regards

Derek

Hi Jon

Strangely I have  just installed the GB south demo scenery successfully into my existing X-plane simulator installation.  but still cannot install my GB North and Cental  purchases - usual message about not being able to install in current simulator.

Best regards

Derek

What full version of XP have you installed?

Please show me a pic of your AppData/local folder. If there is no install.txt file then something is wrong. 

I can only suggest that maybe you reinstall XP and it should make that txt file. Keep you current Custom Scenery folder sop you can place it into your new XP installation to replace the one that will be created.

Hi Jon

I have reinstalled X-Plane but still have the same problem. Is it possible to advise Orbx that I unable to download their software and is it possible to provide me with a refund. There are no contact details for Orbx on their website and refer everybody to their Forum. Once again, thanks very much for or all your help.

Best regards

Derek

Hi Jon

I have reinstalled X-Plane but still have the same problem. Is it possible to advise Orbx that I unable to download their software and is it possible to provide me with a refund. There are no contact details for Orbx on their website and refer everybody to their Forum. Once again, thanks very much for or all your help.

Best regards

Derek

First off I would like you to attach your Orbx Central log file available via Orbx Central/settings/help.

We need to see what the problem is. 

Regrading a refund. the way to do that is via a Support ticket which @Richard Lincoln can assist you with. However I wpuld strees that the preferred way forward is to see if we can resolove why you cannot install the addons you have paid for. Refunding should be the last resport.

@Nick Cooper Hi Nick any ideas here?

Hello Derek,

one can see from your own attached images that you have bought TEGB Central for P3D v4,

which is why Orbx Central will not let you install it into X Plane 11.:)

You must have done something remarkable to make Orbx Central display a P3D v4 product

when opened for X Plane 11, that should not be possible.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Your best course of action is to ask for a refund and then buy the X plane 11 version.

You will need to submit a support ticket and state what has happened.

Archived