Double highways

I am using P3d V4.5. I have Orbx vector, Orbx NA landclass, and a ton of other Orbx products, but these are the ones implicated in my issue for today.

I have noticed duplicated unmatching highways in (for example) the center of Canada. There will be one highway that clearly has road markings on it, and then another one that is more of a grey, and the road traffic follows the route of that second one. I suspect that I am seeing both the P3d highways and the Vector ones, and they do not agree in terms of position. How can I fix this? I also notice coastlines that seem to exist through lakes... I suspect it is the same issue.

It might be related, but I also have True Earth for the whole of the UK. And at times the road traffic does not match the photographic roads. I wonder if again a different path is being followed due to a scenery conflict?

Any suggestions folks?

- Kenneth

2020-7-8_15-29-8-857.jpg

Hello Nick. Thank you for responding.  I do not think this is a localized situation. I will therefore send a number of images (with directions to reproduce location) to show what I am seeing.

1. I have just taken off from CJQ3 Carlyle, Saskatchewan, Canada. Heading west. Look at the two highways under the aircraft. There should be one. In fact, there is a clear situation where the one with the road markings goes under the one without road markings. It's as if two conflicting data sets are being accessed. I do not recall seeing this before. Was there an update of vector in the last few weeks through the new Central? Note, in this area is Vector, LC Landclass, Global, and Orbx free airports. Otherwise only stock p3d v4.5. 

2020-7-13_23-4-16-335.thumb.jpg.bba6dbbd13a22ed8c3b07ad29ca04abb.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.  This is just to the south of Winnipeg International (CYPG). (Manitoba, Canada). The airport is visible to the North. But look at the highway just to the leading edge of my port wingtip. Where the highway makes a 90 degree turn, there are clearly two data sets superimposed, the angular points of the turn do not match.

2020-7-13_23-40-17-831.thumb.jpg.00762579175e2c6a2eec392bcb6bd500.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Toronto Pearson airport, Ontario Canada. (CYYZ).  I just took off from 33R, and after a short time, turned to the east. Look at the highways beneath the aircraft. Once again, there are light grey versions on which the animated traffic runs, but these are superimposes\d on another set of highways. The second set is darker grey, wider, and has clearer highway markings. But once more the two data sets do not align in every location..  This is thousands of miles from image one, so this is not a localized situation where I need to send a simple co-ordinate, this is a conflict of highway data that has crept in recently, and is impacting a massive area.

2020-7-13_23-50-35-330.thumb.jpg.161aeac99019255ccdeb5f94b6dae863.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------

4. Still in Toronto area. Just how many conflicting data sets of highway information are conflicting here? Some missing bridges, some with disagreeing lines drawn across each other.

I have used the Orbx products for years in FSX, and when I changed to P3d four months ago, initially did not see this mess. Either I missed it because I was so enamored with P3d, or something has changed in a recent update in the last few weeks. So where is the conflict? Is it a Vector issue? If so, how do we correct this? It is offputting to say the least.

2020-7-13_23-59-28-360.thumb.jpg.d9035e31739ef52d5c2fbd4b18c559eb.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------

One final note on highways. I am not seeing this in my full fat regions. (PNW, CRM, NRT, etc).

Let me know if this information clarifies the situation, and if it might suggest any possible troubleshooting solutions.

Regards

- Kenneth

UPDATE:-

Another day, fresh eyes after a good sleep!....

I've been using Central today to turn off various options within Vector, and I now see the problem. The roads that have the better definition regarding road markings, those are the standard roads in P3d v4.5. If I turn everything off in Vector, these are left in place. However, when I switch Vector roads back on, the new roads are added but the original roads still remain. This is marginally OK where they match, but there are numerous places where they do not, and the result is inaccuracy. I tried switching off vector roads and keeping vector traffic, and once again I saw the same thing, original roads superimposed with grey roads that the traffic moves along.

I do not see this in full fat areas, because presumably these regions somehow overwrite or turn off the default p3d roads. So, is there any way to force p3d original roads to disappear in the non-full-fat areas? Maybe by manually renaming a file extension somewhere, or manually editing a scenery priority?

Regards

Kenneth

Hello Kenneth,

it looks like your copy of Vector is not excluding the default roads before it replaces them.

The excludes are all in Orbx!VECTOR_EXX, or the FTX_VECTOR_EXX folder.

Your scenery library must be in this order and they must all be ticked.

image.pngimage.png

Many thanks to both of you Smudger and Nick. I followed your advice and did both a verification and re-ordering in my scenery library. Case solved. Now if only I could get rid of floating buildings along areas of the coast in TE GB series! BUT, I will wait to try our FS2020 before delving into that one as it might become a redundant issue.

- Kenneth

Archived