Organise Support Forums

rwilko78

Hi,

I really appreciate the products you folks make but you should really look to organise your support forums by Product rather than P3D version number. You release and support an increasing number of products and to lump everything in to a P3D version number makes searching for support almost impossible. For a little more admin time setting up subfolders by product under P3D versions I'm sure you would reduce the number of support tickets raised as people could browse issues by product easier and hence reduce the number of duplicate tickets raised.

8 minutes ago, Jack the Swede in Spain said:

Also people can use the search-function, but maybe that is too difficult.

Jack

People like you truly make the world a better place Jack! I'm fully aware of the search function but for a casual user looking for support on a certain product it is easier to browse a sub-category rather than initiating a search that is dependent on getting a hit with search terms matching a post heading and content. Have a great day

50 minutes ago, rwilko78 said:

you should really look to organise your support forums by Product rather than P3D version number

Hello Rob,

thanks for the suggestion.

I see this implemented at other developers' forums and it works well.

Orbx however, has a huge catalogue of products and a sub forum for each one

would not be practical.

As mentioned, the forum software does have the facility to search individual forums

for existing support topics.

17 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Rob,

thanks for the suggestion.

I see this implemented at other developers' forums and it works well.

Orbx however, has a huge catalogue of products and a sub forum for each one

would not be practical.

As mentioned, the forum software does have the facility to search individual forums

for existing support topics.

Hello Nick,

Thanks for getting back to me. I understand that you have many products but my intention was to try and be helpful and reduce the number of duplicate support tickets you recieve as your website is broken down into categories, i.e under FSX/P3D into Global Range, Europe, North America, Oceania, Aircraft, Utilities. I found Jack's comment offensive, especially as I have been a long term Orbx customer and spent a lot of money on your great products.

Hi

You initially posted this topic in the P3Dv4 support sub forum where it does not belong because it is not an Orbx product support issue, so I am sorry to say, but the vast majority of customers are not going to look through hundreds of sub forums to decide where to post their issue. Posting an issue and searching for an issue are two different things.

3 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

You initially posted this topic in the P3Dv4 support sub forum where it does not belong because it is not a Orbx product support issue, so I am sorry to say, but the vast majority of customers are not going to look through hundreds of sub forums to decide where to post their issue. 

Hi Doug,

Apologies for posting a suggestion into the wrong forum. I'm not looking for confrontation here but I'm starting to feel that this feels like a pile on from your side. I'm disappointed as a long standing customer of Orbx

Archived