Cant see FTX Central anymore

Kilstorm

FSS0059514

I no longer can open the FTX Central to where I can see the window.  It opens and shows in the task bar but not on the desktop to where I can select which area?  I tried reinstalling YBBN my most recent purchase but it didnt change things.

Havent done anything to my system or sim so not sure why it wont show it on the desktop.

Is there a way to unistall FTXcentral and then reinstall it somehow or know of how to fix this?

David Palmer

Thanks for the quick reply but please if you could tell me where to look to set that...

I'm guess its in my Nvidia Control panel but not sure

What am I looking for?

What am I wanting it to be?

Any help would be great.

The issue is that you may have used two monitors previously and one is now turned off, or you've dragged FTX Central "off" your current monitor's virtual window space.

To restore the last position values for FTX Central, you will need to:

1. Make sure FTX Central is not running

2. Open Windows Notepad, then drag the following file into it:  ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Regions\LastAppliedConfig.ftx

3. You then need to change these values as follows:

<ScreenX>400</ScreenX>

<Screeny>200</Screeny>

4. Then save the file and run FTX Central, and its window should now be visible.

Please report back to let us know if that worked ok?

John it almost works.

Here is what I have (minus the script brackets) before the change

northamerica

true

false

true

After the change it puts it up in the top left part of the screen but too far up and left so this is all I see in the top left of my screen

Posted Image

I cant drag it (without being able to see the top bar I dont think)

It opens and shows in the task bar but not on the desktop

Sorry to jump in here, but this actually sounds like the other problem some people have, to which the solution is:

Run FTXCentral - (it appears in the taskbar but no window.)

Hold the shift key then right click on the FTXCentral taskbar icon. This will bring up the old style dialog to minimizse, maximize, restore, etc.

Select maximize. Then close FTXCentral.

Run FTXCentral again. It should now open in the top left of your screen.

Thank you all and Thank you John and Tim.

Setting the value to 1 and 1 got me in business.

However, I then tried Tims way and it worked as well just like he said.  If this becomes a problem for anyone else, I would recommend Tim's way as its was easy to implement. 

Thanks again!

Added Resolved to the title. Opps, guess its too late for me to edit the OP title if any Mod could do that for me  ;)

Archived