runway terrain mesh now at wrong elevation at Darrington

mauryp

Posted Image

After installing 7S3 I found that Darrington's runway elevations had suddenly changed--I can't find any reason for this. I have been modifying fsx.CFG following the Jesus Altuve (Bojote) guidelines (at the Avsim forum) but can't imagine any such setting that would cause runway elevations to change. And 7S3 and other PNW airports are all ok.

EDIT: Airport runway elevations outside PNW area are ok; but wrong as some PNW locations (ex: Portland).

Wolter, Graham. Yes, I've installed the PNW SP1 update; and the ADE_FTX_PNW_7S3_elevation_adjustment.bgl is present in Scenery\World\Scenery.

I've also tried restoring orbx textures to "default" in the FTX Aero tool without effect.

Wolter, that was it! Texture mesh is now restored properly. BTW, the PNW control panel balked at restoring 'default' then the 'ftx' settings with an error message saying that the 7S3 'off' and 'bgl' files were already present (and wouldn't reset them)--so I renamed ...off to ...off.old, then changed the control panel selection to ftx successfully.

I'm most grateful for all the help, and of course for pointing me to the PNW control panel!

- Maury

Archived