True Earth Florida Missing Airport Ground texture

46 minutes ago, 73samster said:

I installed Florida True Earth and lost the ground texture at KMIA airport.  Is it the order of my scenery?  Anyone else experience this and lost ground textures at MIA?

Please look at the 2 links below. The first is about the same topic you raise and the 2nd is the link to a good rendition of KMIA.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/27786-kmia-miami-international-airport/

ok I will try and get back to you.  By the way, what is the true difference between SD and HD for True Earth?  I didn't really see much difference but share your thoughts.  Maybe SD is much easier on FPS?  Let em know.

9 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Please look at the 2 links below. The first is about the same topic you raise and the 2nd is the link to a good rendition of KMIA.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/27786-kmia-miami-international-airport/

I reinstalled SD version and the airport still has the terrible ground textures at KMIA.  The link you provided to download a new airport does not look as good as Xplane default MIA.  IS there any other scenery or file I can download to fix this?

Hi. You have also posted about the KMIA ground textures here:

and my response is the same for this post here.

For additional versions of KMIA maybe Google for them. I only know the one I linked. What I can suggest is that you visit the XP Gateway site and enter in Airport search KMIA and then download the version there. It will then be an addon rather than a Global Airports content and you can pace it at the top fo the scenery_packs.ini. See if that brings back the "default" version you are seeking. I see there is a newer version in the gateway dated April 2020:

https://gateway.x-plane.com/scenery/page/KMIA

1 hour ago, Jon Clarke said:

Hi. You have also posted about the KMIA ground textures here:

and my response is the same for this post here.

For additional versions of KMIA maybe Google for them. I only know the one I linked. What I can suggest is that you visit the XP Gateway site and enter in Airport search KMIA and then download the version there. It will then be an addon rather than a Global Airports content and you can pace it at the top fo the scenery_packs.ini. See if that brings back the "default" version you are seeking. I see there is a newer version in the gateway dated April 2020:

https://gateway.x-plane.com/scenery/page/KMIA

It is funny because Orbx puts a file in the custom scenery folder called "Orbx_A_US Florida _Airports" and in that folder there is a "Earth Nav Data" folder that includes a tile "+20-090".  When I went to the website you provided, the download for KMIA is the same tile.  This leads me to believe Ornx is indeed overwriting the KMIA scenery for some reason.  May I delete that +20-90 tile in the Orbx folder and maybe it restores?

26 minutes ago, 73samster said:

It is funny because Orbx puts a file in the custom scenery folder called "Orbx_A_US Florida _Airports" and in that folder there is a "Earth Nav Data" folder that includes a tile "+20-090".  When I went to the website you provided, the download for KMIA is the same tile.  This leads me to believe Ornx is indeed overwriting the KMIA scenery for some reason.  May I delete that +20-90 tile in the Orbx folder and maybe it restores?

Just to follow up.  I think you have SOLVED the issue.  I took your advice and downloaded the x-plane scenery pack https://gateway.x-plane.com/scenery/page/KMIA and installed.  It brought back the original KMIA ground textures.  You may want to still fix your advise all customers of this fix but looks like it is working with the True Earth.  

On 7/4/2020 at 1:45 PM, 73samster said:

ok I will try and get back to you.  By the way, what is the true difference between SD and HD for True Earth?  I didn't really see much difference but share your thoughts.  Maybe SD is much easier on FPS?  Let em know.

22 hours ago, 73samster said:

I just noticed I didn't answer a couple of points you raised.The SD version is Zoom Level 16 (ZL16) and the HD versions are ZL17. The SD version uses half the amount of disk space, doesn't need to go through a texture conversion process when installing, loads quicker and is just fine as far as resolution and sharpness is concerned when flying above approx 2000ft .

The TE Florida Airport files are mainly runway alignment files to correct the default airports runways which are not accurate and would cause a runway duplication because they are placed via the default scenery which is not accurate whereas the Photoscenery of TE is accurate. These files are mainly airfields rather than full blown airports.

2 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I just noticed I didn't answer a couple of points you raised.The SD version is Zoom Level 16 (ZL16) and the HD versions are ZL17. The SD version uses half the amount of disk space, doesn't need to go through a texture conversion process when installing, loads quicker and is just fine as far as resolution and sharpness is concerned when flying above approx 2000ft .

The TE Florida Airport files are mainly runway alignment files to correct the default airports runways which are not accurate and would cause a runway duplication because they are placed via the default scenery which is not accurate whereas the Photoscenery of TE is accurate. These files are mainly airfields rather than full blown airports.

Thanks for replying.  As you probably already saw, your suggestion helped me fix the airport texture issue. Have to download the default scenery again or install any custom KMIA scenery. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived