London City Airport Textures Missing?

Everything was just about perfect a week or so ago.  Then, suddenly, for no reason, Orbx London City Airport scenery is incomplete or malfunctioning.  See screenshot, heading west in VC view.  (The missing textures, though, show up in outside view.)

I have True Earth GB South installed, and EGLC is configured to recognize it (i.e., the box for TEGBS is ticked).  

Also, it seems to me the ground textures are much blurrier than they were a while back.

No, I don't think I've done anything to explain this.  Installed TE No Cal, but that's all I can think of. 

Thanks all, Mac6737

West London.jpg

OK, if anyone out there is listening . . .

I migrated TrueEarth GBS to a library.  Nick told me it should be in GB Libraries, but when I clicked on "Migrate," that was NOT a choice available (even though it is installed on my PC).

So I chose Main Library.  I have to admit GBS looks much better now.  The black squares in the screenshot above have disappeared.

HOWEVER, the Orbx payware London City no longer has all the features it did before.  No London Eye.  The destroyer moored across the river from the Tower of London is missing, and the ground textures are blurry.  I suspect other things are missing, too. 

I am hoping that someone out there will tell me where these 2 sceneries (TE GBS and EGLC) should be on my hard drive.  That's all I ask.

BTW, I have never installed Orbx scenery to someplace other than what Orbx Central  specifies. 

Mac6737

Hi Mac

Run de verify files tool for London City airport, for GB libraries and for Object flow and verify if all is ok.

It happened once to me that London City airport was all black everywhere and parts were gone, so I uninstalled and reinstalled it

Also your scenery complexity should be to max and the autogen slider decently to the right too

It would be good to check your insertion points in central to ensure all is correctly set

Cheers

Carlos

12 hours ago, carlosqr said:

It would be good to check your insertion points in central to ensure all is correctly set

Thanks Carlos,

1.  I don't understand the quoted sentence.

2.  I already verified EGLC files.  I'll do the others, too, but please note that TE GBS is not in GB Libraries.  As I said, that was not a choice the installer offered me.  So I repeat my Q:  Where are these 2 sceneries supposed to go?  You would think that TE GBS would go in GB Libraries, wouldn't you? 

Mac6737

Hi Marc

If you have third party add-ons then you have to put in your insertion points in Central the very first third party add-on ou installed in the first tab (search ans select)

and in the second airports and regions

If you don't have 3rd pty add-ons then you put the land class files first and in the second tab you put airports and regions, like this

xSHnaRi.jpg

In my case I have 3rd pty stuff

TrueEarth GB installs in the scenery library inside P3D (or where you have chosen) and the the GB libraries installs in the add-ons section, the tab next to scenery in P3D

CTOoiud.jpg

In your PC the GB libraries install inside the Orbx library folder that Central creates outside P3D root (that is how they built it)

TTNybzB.jpg

While TEGB installs inside P3D root inside Orbx folder ( if you have chosen that) and in will show inside P3D scenery list

Hope this makes it clear for you

Regards.

Carlos

6 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Hope this makes it clear for you

Actually, I find it unintelligible.  

Please just answer one question:  Where is TEGBS supposed to be installed?  Is it supposed to be in GB Libraries?  If the installer doesn't offer that option, what do I do?

Thank you

Mac6737

Hello Mac

14 minutes ago, Mac6737 said:

Where is TEGBS supposed to be installed? 

I don't remember if TEGB can be installed outside P3D folder, I installed it long ago. I installed it in my P3D root.

When you install a product Central offers you the choice of installing inside P3D root folder or in the Orbx folder Central creates (outside p3d)

So it is up to you where to install it

I chose P3D root and you'll find the entry in P3D scenery library

15 minutes ago, Mac6737 said:

Is it supposed to be in GB Libraries? 

No, these are different products (related to each other) ,buy  you cannot install TEBG in GB libraries

GB libraries is a separate entry (product) they are related but each one installs apart. This one can only be installed outside P3D in the folder Central creates outside P3D.

Regards,

Carlos

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Mac6737,

do you have a folder named FTX_EU_!GBAll_Library on your PC?

Yes.  It is in [user]OrbxLibrary\P3Dv4\TrueEarthGreatBritainLibraries\Orbx\FTX_EU.  It's the only thing in FTX\_EU.

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Is it active in your add-ons menu and are all the default scenery areas active in your scenery library?

No.  It does not show up in my Add-ons.

I don't know what you mean by "all the default scenery."  There are 5 FTX_EU_! scenery folders which are greyed out: Library, Scenery, CVX, Mesh and Custom.

Mac6737

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

by default, I mean all of the scenery that is included in every copy of the simulator.

It looks like your True Earth product is correctly installed if you have five entries.

Nick,

Sorry.  Yes, there are 5 entries for GBS, but they are greyed out.  Other scenery entries greyed out are mostly scenery where there is an Add-on , like No Cal.

And, as I said, the file you mentioned, FTX_EU_!GBAll_Library does not show up in my Add-ons.

Mac

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 4:04 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks, as it shows up in the scenery library, it looks like the installation went well.

Can you show a screenshot of where those five entries are in your scenery library please?

Certainly.  See attached.

But FTX_EU_!GBAll_Library does not show up in the Add-ons.

Scenery Library.jpg

Archived