TrueEarth Oregon - KPDX issue

Need some help with TrueEarth Oregon, I hope this is the right place. I clicked on Support in Orbx Central and this is where it sent me...

After running the install, I got an error message that said four files could not be extracted. I ran Verify twice, and  both times Verify checked all 183,000+ files. Both times at the end it said two files could not be extracted.

Hi

I would say they are updating the installer as it seems the initial one was missing a folder of  3.5 G

When I downloaded it had 138.000 + files and you say you have 183.000+

So I would recommend to wait for a while

Do you also have WA?

Cheers

Carlos

Ok

I know there is a folder missing for Oregon

So you'd better wait for a while until they fix this before trying because despite you manage to download it you'll need that folder too that contains many autogen and elements

It gets installed when you install Washington that's why I asked if you had that one, so if you don't let's way if you have WA then do the verify files of TE Oregon until it downloads it

Cheers

Carlos

I already have the True Earth US Libraries that someone mentioned in another thread. They are in the Prepar3d/Orbx/FTX_NA directory with my Northern California scenery.

I had to install True Earth Oregon on a different drive but I see now that all of those files are also in a directory Orbx Library/FTX_NA so Orbx Central has split my North America scenery into two different libraries. I don't think this is a problem for me though, as I ran the Oregon scenery alongside Google Earth with the GEVIEW utility, and Portland looked very good.  Mount Hood looked beautiful in the distance. The only thing I noticed was there were no boats in the marina on the river north of the city. That might be one of the files I'm missing.

GE View is a utility that lets you view Google Earth scenery from your airplane's location while you are flying in FSX or Prepar3d. Search Youtube, there's a couple videos.

I spoke too soon about no other problems. Now at KPDX airport I noticed I have all of these big ditches where the elevation is not level with the runways and taxiways. I have searched for any conflicting scenery files with KPDX, but I can't find any. Any other reasons for this?. 

Ok I 'll search Google

I'll test my KPDX once Orvx solves the issue I have otherwise I won't make sense as I have not notices issues but the autogen near the airport

I was told to disable one ortho bgl in FB scenery the 1cm. It seems both blend better

But again I have not tested as my product is not in order yet

You have run the troubleshooter in FB manager right?

Let's keep it touch

Cheers

Carlos

OK, thank you. Right now I seem to have two issues with True Earth Oregon.

1. Two files did not extract properly. Isn't there an installation log that will tell me what these files were?

2. Flatness problems at KPDX. Note I don't have any add-ons there that I know of. The True Earth scenery is on top of default scenery; I removed NA Northern California when I installed True Earth Northern California

• Nick Cooper changed the title to TrueEarth Oregon - KPDX issue

Archived