Missing airfields in PNW

piel

I have been using the discover function in Orbx central and found an interesting spot in the NE corner of Pacific Northwest. 3 points of interest:

- Chilko Lake North there is an airfield Chilko Lake in the sim but not at the same position

- Chaunigan Lake no airfield there

- CBL9 or Elkin Creek there is no selectable airfield in FSX or on the moving map at this location or by these names

Do i need to download and/or purchase something separately? the Orbx central says CBL9 included in Pacific Northwest.

Is it an installation issue?

Could someone direct me to an airfield that has the standard Orbx treatment? So i can check if it look as it supposed to.

thanks in advance

P.

Here...

CBL9 is clearly shown in the app but not present in FSX

The nearest POI Chaunigan Lake strip is marked in the app but not present in FSX.

Is it clear enough what i mean?

ORBX.jpg

Hi there,

if you load "FTX PNW Coverage and Features Map.kmz" into Google Earth you'll see that the markers include a separate category for "BC: unlisted/abandoned airstrips" and CBL9 is one of them, among 20 or so more, including Chaunigan Lake and Chilko Lake North. As the category implies these airstrips either don't have an official ICAO or have since been unlisted. Thus, they don't have airport facilities files and therefore can't be selected from the airport list. They do exist in the sim though, with PNW installed, and are meant to be discovered by flying to them. 

if you don't want to go hunting you can use the coordinates from the GE marker and copy&paste those into your FSX Map view to "teleport" to the location.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Thank you for the clarification, now i understand the situation. Let's go exploring then, sounds like a fun feature.

Thanks Nick too for helping me getting my answer.

Peter

Archived