GPU Hardware Scheduler

Badl4ndz

Has anyone tried out GPU Hardware Scheduler yet in P3D V5 or XP11?

I assume it will only improve P3D V5 because of Direct X but does it affect the performance of XP11 using Vulkan?

This feature is only available if you have updated Windows 10 to the latest version (2004) and have updated nVidia drivers to the latest version 451.48.

It can be found by selecting Settings, System, Display and click on Graphics settings. Once selected or deselected, a reboot is needed for the change to be implemented.

It would be good to know if anyone is seeing an improvement in smoothness in VR or on a monitor.

GPUSheduling.jpg

GraphicsSettings.jpg

I tried it on XPlane Vulkan b10.50b11. Some comments on what I encountered are here. Eventually I switched back to an older driver (441.7)

With respect with hardware acceleration, I really didn't notice any difference with it on or off. That may be because the Vulkan code in XPlane is very heavily biased towards internal VRAM management. I was concerned that trying to manage it externally would conflict, but I didn't see any issue in the limited timeframe I tried 451.48.

This should not be construed that another user would have the same experience that I did as flight sims are finicky beasts and what works  for one user may not be good for another .  It did appear from my limited testing that 451.48 is not as stable with the Vulkan api as it is with DX and this may explain my issue. I should note though, that on other forums XPlane users are reporting good luck with this new driver, but they are balanced with others who have had somewhat negative experiences.

So all I can say is caveat emperor, but if I could offer any advice it would be to perhaps wait for the next driver release as both Laminar and Nvidia reportedly are discussing the issue.

Hope this is of some help

Renault

I've seen a few performance benchmarks across multiples games that use dx 11, 12 & vulkan. There was no discernible improvement on performance and for that reason, i'll be leaving it disabled until there is proven reason to enable it.

• 2 weeks later...

I turned this on and while using the stock FSX setup with a basic plane to test it, my FPS went from about 190 to 280. However, with it on, there seems to be a lag when loading into an airport, as well as alt-tabbing. The screen just goes black for about 20 seconds. When I switch it off, it doesn't have this issue.

Archived