Open LC files not appear in the right place

YAMBA1

After the  fiasco  with Immersion Manager (ShadersHLSL missing)  I had  to re-install  P3Dv4 . I have now 2 files in the P3D Scenery Library which  do not seem to be in the right place .

OLC_AF_mesh Orbx Global openLC Africa  ( located in my D drive)  This  file is displayed  on top of the Scenery Library in P3D, is  greyed out  in the Enable box, and cannot be moved up or down.

However they are  2 other files Orbx!OpenLC_Africa 1 & 2  which are in the right place , just above  the Base files 

Orbx!OPENLC_!AFRICA_LIGHTS      This file is displayed  immediately after the  FTX series ie AU_2 NZNI, AA (airports) and above  the original P3D  files

Those 2 file  do they need  to be  in the OPENLC  section?

If so  How  do I move them?  without touching the scenery Confg file ?  Synchronizing  does  not solve the problem if their is one !

Regards 

Charles 

Hello Charles,

you only needed to either copy the files I gave Georgios or reinstall the P3D client.

Neither of these options would have necessitated reinstalling P3D and also, P3D

can be uninstalled and reinstalled without disturbing its addons.

It would also have been necessary to also delete the shaders but all this advice was there on

our forum all the time.

As to the scenery library entries, they are probably installed as add-ons instead of scenery

and this does generate some scenery library entries that some will find unusually placed.

This does not mean that they are misplaced and if the simulator is working as it should,

they can be left alone.

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Charles,

you only needed to either copy the files I gave Georgios or reinstall the P3D client.

Neither of these options would have necessitated reinstalling P3D and also, P3D

can be uninstalled and reinstalled without disturbing its addons.

It would also have been necessary to also delete the shaders but all this advice was there on

our forum all the time.

As to the scenery library entries, they are probably installed as add-ons instead of scenery

and this does generate some scenery library entries that some will find unusually placed.

This does not mean that they are misplaced and if the simulator is working as it should,

they can be left alone.

Thank you Nick,

1) I  wrote my posting  after I did the re-install and after I discovered the culprit. I did eventually saw your post in reply to Georgio .In foresight I should have relied firstly to Orbx forum rather that  the P3D forum. That would have saved me the trouble.

2) I forgot to mention that everything seems working fine despite that those 2 files are at odds So I leave them as they are, now that you put my mind at ease.

Stay safe

Best regards

Charles

Archived