Floating fences Meribel airport

A S

14 hours ago, Sentry11 said:

Read this ---  Jon Clarke on SAM double entries.   https://orbxsystems.com/forum/profile/3131-jon-clarke/

Attached is a "scenery_packs.ini" file to try and see if it helps.

scenery_packs.ini 11.69 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the file! I tried both of the tips but unfortunatly the fences are still floating. Any other things that could be the issue, I removed the duplicate SAM files.

Furthermore; is the steep angle of the part of the runway a feature or part of the problem I'm having with the fences?

Car_PC12 - 2020-06-28 10.42.15.png

In your scenery_packs.ini  file go to this line            "SCENERY_PACK F:\Xplane Scenery\zzz_hd_global_scenery4/".

It should be the last line and replace it with the following line.

"SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED F:\Xplane Scenery\zzz_hd_global_scenery4/"

Save the file and start XP.

The attached is what I show for Orbx LFKX - Meribel from both ends of the RWY.

T-6A - 2020-06-28 03.43.37.jpg

T-6A - 2020-06-28 03.44.00.jpg

2 hours ago, Sentry11 said:

In your scenery_packs.ini  file go to this line            "SCENERY_PACK F:\Xplane Scenery\zzz_hd_global_scenery4/".

It should be the last line and replace it with the following line.

"SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED F:\Xplane Scenery\zzz_hd_global_scenery4/"

Save the file and start XP.

The attached is what I show for Orbx LFKX - Meribel from both ends of the RWY.

T-6A - 2020-06-28 03.43.37.jpg

T-6A - 2020-06-28 03.44.00.jpg

That didn't help unfortunatly. I also see that in your pictures you have fences on the end of the runway. I don't so it looks like the fences file is tilted so the fence in the beginning is too high and the fence at the end is sunk in the ground. Is there a way to change this in world editor or something?

Car_PC12 - 2020-06-28 13.59.04.png

Yes, there is a way with WED. I had the same problem with fence facades when creating AP scenery for myself. I found that adding more nodes along the fence facade line where the terrain undulated quite noticeably forced the facade to follow the contours of the terrain. But why the difference between yours and mine sure is puzzling. My bet is that there is something wrong with the mesh. Notice the hump in the road in your shot compared to mine.

Did you try deleting and installing a fresh copy of LFKX?

2 hours ago, Sentry11 said:

Yes, there is a way with WED. I had the same problem with fence facades when creating AP scenery for myself. I found that adding more nodes along the fence facade line where the terrain undulated quite noticeably forced the facade to follow the contours of the terrain. But why the difference between yours and mine sure is puzzling. My bet is that there is something wrong with the mesh. Notice the hump in the road in your shot compared to mine.

Did you try deleting and installing a fresh copy of LFKX?

Do you have a link or something that explains how to do that with the nodes?

Yeah the bump in de road is one of the reasons I made a screenshot after you posted yours, what could be wrong with the mesh?

Did you try re-installing a fresh copy of LFKX - Meribel? The one you have installed now may have something missing or is corrupted.

For what you have in your Custom Scenery folder, and the order that it loads it should not be causing the problem you are experiencing.

As a check again startup XP, load LFKX then immediately quit XP and attach a copy of the "scenery_packs.ini" file.

Archived