Problems with Global open LC Europe

Hello everyone.

Anomaly displaying LC Europe texture looks to me like an old topic already discussed in this forum for years, but I was unable to find helpful information so far.  Hints/suggestions how to fix this would be really greatly appreciated. 
Thank you
Rafal

order receipt 5eed5e521b2ac

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture7.JPG

Thank you Doug,

I came across that older post and tried renaming lclookup.bgl to lclookup.bgl.off.  The result was that the FSX would not start at all.  Replacing terrain.cfg with one provided in the zip file from the other post (default_terrain-cfg) did not help either.  All it did was that the textures  reverted to what seems to be Global Base and LC Europe related textures did not show at all. 

Rafal

Hi Doug,

Yes, I checked scenery libraries yesterday and rearranged them so that all non Orbx addons are on top of the list.  My last 3rd party add-on entry currently is "FlyTampa-Libraries" which came with their CYUL  package.  So Orbx stuff is now just below that.  Insertion Point tool seems to show that.

Rafal

Capture9.JPG

5 hours ago, tp861 said:

Thank you Doug,

I came across that older post and tried renaming lclookup.bgl to lclookup.bgl.off.  The result was that the FSX would not start at all.  Replacing terrain.cfg with one provided in the zip file from the other post (default_terrain-cfg) did not help either.  All it did was that the textures  reverted to what seems to be Global Base and LC Europe related textures did not show at all. 

Rafal

Hello,

it looks like you didn't quite reach the end of the little guide.

First run Verify files for Global Base and for all your open LC products.

Before posting a support request, please try this fix:

Please try renaming Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl to lclookup.bgl .off

and then apply this terrain.cfg file fix

Then run Verify Files for the Orbx Libraries and try again

The end.

Thank you gentlemen for reviewing my posts. I am guessing that I did not follow repair procedure in exact order that is required. I will try it again which,  in summary, looks to me like this:
1.run Verify files for Global Base and for open LC Europe.
2. rename Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl to lclookup.bgl.off
3. copy the backup of the original terrain.cfg file and paste it into main FSX folder or use one provided in the attached .zip.
4. start Orbx Central and run Sync simulator
5. run  verify files for Orbx Libraries (not for Base Pack, not for  open LC Europe this time, just for Orbx Libraries).
Thank you for your patience, you are dealing with less experienced user here. 

I will try the above when time allows, let you know what the result is.

Have a great day

Rafal

Hello Nick, Hi Doug, 
Good news: taking all five steps in exact order did the trick. My previous attempts must have been erratic + firing up FSX between steps just to see "what have I done" probably did not do any good either. I checked a couple of test locations after applying all the fixes and I am glad to see no more weird ground texture "morphing", purple mountain slopes etc. Thank you guys for your help.

Have a great weekend

Rafal 

Archived