KBUR scenery P3Dv4.5 distorted building

First of all I would love to say how much I love this scenery, however, when I'm flying away from KBUR airport I notice that there's a cluster of buildings floating and quite distorted.......How can I correct this problem??

IMG_0091.JPG

2 hours ago, Lhpdx40 said:

Greeting,

I just ran "verify file" in Orbx and my mesh is currently set at 5 MT, however, the floating distorted buildings off in the distance on the Burbank side are still there...........

mmmm that is very weird, it looks like some artifacts. Sincerely i do not know how to solve it i have never seen something like that. What i suggest it is to try to full uninstall the scenery ( make sure to do not have any residual Orbx kbur files installed ) and try to make a full new clean installation. Also if you may attach a screen of your Orbx Kbur/scenery folder i can take a look if you have some issues.

Cheers

Greetings all, 

I can contend that I have exactly the same scenery problem, in almost exactly the same format as the picture above with the R22.  In addition, I am finding a plethora of white generic buildings with blue window textures throughout the city (pics attached)  Not sure why this is is.  I have loads of other scenery with Orbx, and no issues.  I have tried the following:

Verify Vector altitudes (Multiple times)

Verify libraries

Set mesh at 5mt

Uninstall, reinstall KBUR,

Verify files in Global and KBUR

Restart Prepare 3d v4.5 multiple times

Restart computer

Nothing works.  Given that the first poster here has seemingly the exact same configuration of floating buildings in exactly the same area on the map, this looks like maybe a program glitch.

As for the white buildings, I have no idea why they are there.  But they are all over Burbank, like somebody went crazy with white paint in the city!

Hope there is a fix soon, because otherwise the scenery looks amazing.

Thanks.

white buildings.jpg

buildings.jpg

11 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

mmmm that is very weird, it looks like some artifacts. Sincerely i do not know how to solve it i have never seen something like that. What i suggest it is to try to full uninstall the scenery ( make sure to do not have any residual Orbx kbur files installed ) and try to make a full new clean installation. Also if you may attach a screen of your Orbx Kbur/scenery folder i can take a look if you have some issues.

Cheers

I'm using P3D4.5.... I reinstalled it again this morning and the same problems continues withe the floating distorted building........

12 minutes ago, Lhpdx40 said:

I'm using P3D4.5.... I reinstalled it again this morning and the same problems continues withe the floating distorted building........

I am sorry but i do not know how to help you. I have never saw something like that. Maybe somebody else have some suggestions.

Anyway could you please take a screen of your kbur/scenery folder i can check if your files are correct.

Last thing, do you have installed the scenery inside p3d or in external folder?

Thanks

8 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

ok the files are corrects. So now it is fixed?

Yes and no........In order for it to work when you get to the main flight screen in P3D you have to go to Scenery Library, open it,  then press OK every-time you operate P3D or the distorted building will return again.... 

5 hours ago, Lhpdx40 said:

Yes and no........In order for it to work when you get to the main flight screen in P3D you have to go to Scenery Library, open it,  then press OK every-time you operate P3D or the distorted building will return again.... 

4 hours ago, PilotZing said:

That doesn't seem like a fix per say since this is the only scenery causing that problem, first time i've had anything do it there's clearly something a miss with it...

Which addons are you using?and do you have edited p3d.cfg file?

Nothing has worked for me.  Once, I restarted in the sim, like someone said and it worked (This didn't work every time).  However, unfortunately, this is one of the least optimized products I've purchased with Orbx.  I also noticed that the dynamic lighting at the airport doesn't work and it's pitch black by the terminal at night.  Regardless, this scenery glitch is most dissapointing.  I agree with PilotZing-this product feels a bit more like a beta launch.  It has great potential, but in its current form, it needs a lot of work.  I don't have any other add-ons in the region, except the Orbx add on's that are recommended for KBUR.

2 minutes ago, DrJB said:

Nothing has worked for me.  Once, I restarted in the sim, like someone said and it worked (This didn't work every time).  However, unfortunately, this is one of the least optimized products I've purchased with Orbx.  I also noticed that the dynamic lighting at the airport doesn't work and it's pitch black by the terminal at night.  Regardless, this scenery glitch is most dissapointing.  I agree with PilotZing-this product feels a bit more like a beta launch.  It has great potential, but in its current form, it needs a lot of work.  I don't have any other add-ons in the region, except the Orbx add on's that are recommended for KBUR.

Hi,

I think your product is not working correctly, this is why you have a lot of issues. Try to full uninstall and re install the scenery.

Also if you want, post a screens of your scenery so i can see which is your problems.

Cheers.

Hello Matteo,

I agree with you that the product is certainly not working correctly.  I can appreciate the amount of work that went into this product, as it would be beautiful if it worked.  Sadly, this building issue makes it unflyable.   First of all, I fixed the night terminal lights problem, as I read in another forum that installing Sim objects is the issue. 

As for the floating buildings, I have tried everything and nothing fixes it (see pictures below again)...

Yesterday, as a last resort, I tried installing it into both the Prepare folder, and the external folder .

Additionally, as I mentioned above, I tried all of these:

Verify libraries

Set mesh at 5mt

Restart computer

Restart within sim

reset objects within sim.

Therefore, at this point, the product seems pretty unusable for me, unless I only fly in the opposite direction..

float1.jpg

float.jpg

1 hour ago, DrJB said:

Hello Matteo,

I agree with you that the product is certainly not working correctly.  I can appreciate the amount of work that went into this product, as it would be beautiful if it worked.  Sadly, this building issue makes it unflyable.   First of all, I fixed the night terminal lights problem, as I read in another forum that installing Sim objects is the issue. 

As for the floating buildings, I have tried everything and nothing fixes it (see pictures below again)...

Yesterday, as a last resort, I tried installing it into both the Prepare folder, and the external folder .

Additionally, as I mentioned above, I tried all of these:

Verify libraries

Set mesh at 5mt

Restart computer

Restart within sim

reset objects within sim.

Therefore, at this point, the product seems pretty unusable for me, unless I only fly in the opposite direction..

Ok, It is not simple to find the cause of this weird problem, but i suggest to do like this:

it could be a symptom of  system/graphics card being overstressed. Turn down a bunch of settings (all the way down for testing purposes) - see if the geometry is still stuffed. If it's not (ie it's fixed), gradually just bring the settings back up until he finds a good balance. 

In the LA metro area, big FPS killers will be: 
- Shadow draw distance & quality (turn these down low or off in general)
- AI traffic, especially if he's using an AI addon
- Road traffic
- Scenery draw distance (though it doesn't look like he has this set super high)
- Reflections
- Dynamic lighting

if this is not working, maybe worth to try a re-install of P3D.

cheers

Ok Matteo,

Thanks for getting back so quickly.  I will try the graphics fix.  A full reinstall isn't really worth it at this point for one solitary product, as it would take hours to do with all of the add-ons I have.  I'll let you know.

Thanks.

Yeah, so I did all of the above recommended, including client install.  Nothing works.  I am definately not going to re-install the entire Prepare beyond that for one product.  I'm seeing in the forums that a lot of people are having some serious graphical issues with this product.  So, I suppose that I'll just avoid flying around KBUR, or just get used to floating buildings and the swathes of white-washed buildings in the city.   Next time, I'll wait to buy until I check out the forums for a few weeks....

Archived