Few questions on KBUR

First let me say this scenery is great looking. I was using the FSDevelopers free version prior to this. I noticed a few things on my first flight in and out of the airport, day and night. Myself and another user noticed that when you land or depart on runway 15, there is a long pause as something seems to be loading. It does this both day/night and night. When I flew in at night I noticed it was hard to find the airport at night compared to the other airports in the area. The lights just didn't seem as bright as the others. I did clear my shaders with no luck. I would also like to know what the texture size is on the surrounding area. It's hits pretty heavy on the performance, even with my 8086K @5.2Ghz /FTW 1080ti. Are they 4K and will there be an options to tone down some of the surrounding area. P3Dv5 maybe better at handling the texture load but for P3Dv4.5, it's a heavy hit as textures load in chucks. I did all the above with no-PBR so turning it off didn't help in my case. I would like to hear others feedback. 

Wise87 for what it’s worth, exact same CPU/GPU as you, first flight for me originated at BUR at dusk with PBR on static aircraft off, and no performance issues I noticed. I will report back after a flight into the airport. 

Mike

Hi @krw86

First make sure to do not have installed any other KBUR scenery. If you have the freeware versione of KBUR please uninstall it. After, run verify files to ensure to have everything installed correctly. Check also if the simulator mesh is set to 5mt.

Anyway if you have still problems, please attach a screens of what you are seeing, so i can help you better.

Cheers,

Pauses like this are generally due to the need for the sim to load a scenery somewhere in the distance.  Right at this point is probably where whatever is is just comes inside the draw distance, often set at 30 miles or so I believe.

Things you can try:  disable all add on sceneries in that part of the world, even disable regions etc and see if the pause is gone.

Reduce the items in the graphics settings that set distances for scenery, such as Level of Detail and Autogen draw distance.

I can say that with all the Orbx scenery installed but no other NA sceneries, I didn't see a single pause flying around this airport.

9 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Pauses like this are generally due to the need for the sim to load a scenery somewhere in the distance.  Right at this point is probably where whatever is is just comes inside the draw distance, often set at 30 miles or so I believe.

Things you can try:  disable all add on sceneries in that part of the world, even disable regions etc and see if the pause is gone.

Reduce the items in the graphics settings that set distances for scenery, such as Level of Detail and Autogen draw distance.

I can say that with all the Orbx scenery installed but no other NA sceneries, I didn't see a single pause flying around this airport.

I watched 3 twitch streamers today and they all took off from 15 and they all had the same experience. Two of them had longer pauses then me as mine only last for a sec. As far as my settings go, I have nothing maxed out. I keep them around the middle or one tick above. Between what I watched and talking to a few other user who purchased KBUR I’m thinking their is something in the scenery that is causing it.

Archived