Wrong (?) OpenLC NA texture north of KSLC and CYYZ

Dear Orbx,

When flying out of KSLC today I noticed something out of the ordinary which has to do with OpenLC NA. As you can see in the screenshot, something is clearly not right and it does not look like fitting into the landscape, as it kinda looks like snow and there is a part of different texture blended in between. When I disable OpenLC NA, it looks a lot better (see second screen). I reinstalled OpenLC NA multiple times, deleted the backup, installed again, verified files, but it always gives me this result. I cannot recon that I saw this happening before. 

Strange sidenote: my OpenLC NA Lights folder gets installed, but never gets added to the library? The same applies to some OLC_AA folder with one file in it (OLC_NA_REG): it gets installed but not added to the library. When I do this manually, it does not make a difference btw. 

I first saw this problem after a reinstall when I noticed night textures blinking through around CYYZ. Unfortunately, these are still there. It looks like that something is corrupt but I could be wrong. I only see this around Toronto.

Do you have any clue what is going on here or what I can do? Maybe reinstalling OpenLC Base?

Kind regards,

Thomas Krol

slc.png

SLC2.png

CYYZ1.png

14 hours ago, medx421 said:

Following these steps resolved the issues for me.  I had the issues before, and then after OpenLC updated recently.  This is a good fix.

Thank you for your reply! I followed these steps and it does not make a difference.

Regarding the Toronto area the fix was pretty simple, disabling LC did the trick.

Still the area around SLC does not look right...

13 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Hi Thomas,

I have the same issues and did not find a solution yet. Though I tried a lot...

Hi Gerold,

I had that issue quite a lot and reinstalling OpenLC always fixed the problem, or in the Toronto case turn LC off.

However I think my problem is a bit different, it looks like a piece of the wrong texture is just 'splintered' north of SLC, but it is not a night texture...

Hope Orbx will look into it

Cheers,

Thomas

1 hour ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

as far as the Salt Lake City "issue" is concerned please see here; https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/133217-persistent-winter-textures-aec-utility-issue/?do=findComment&comment=1183586

Cheers, Holger

Dear Holger,

You are correct about the white snow-ish/salt flat texture, but there seems to be some kind of different texture mashed up through it in a sharp edged form, see again my screen below. I am pretty certain that is not how it should be...

slc.png

Archived