P3D v 4 wont load

I have just bought a new licence for P3D v4  When I try to load the program I get error message:

XML CONFIG NOT FOUND

F:\p4\Orbx\FTX-AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\OF_Config.xml

when I select OK box program freezes. 

Any suggestions?

Let's do this

Go to:

F:\p4\Orbx\FTX-AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\

and delete the content of the file OF_Config.xml ( I read you can also delete the whole file)

Once you do that Open Central and run the synchronization then close and test your sim

Cheers

Carlos

I have done all that you both advise for which thanks very much. Simulator synced successfully.  No error messages  but arrive at message saying Loading Complete 100% and then nothing but the Desktop picture  - no startup screen! Help!

Do you have many third party add-ons?

If not just delete the scenery.cfg file ( C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 \scenery.cfg file)

Then run P3D it will create a new one

Then close

Then open Central for it to write on all the Orbx Scenery and put things in order

Then close and test your sim

PS: If you have third party add-ons you would have to add them again manually or reinstalling them)

That is strange

When it doesn't open it usually gets fixed but letting P3D to create a new scenery.cfg...

I don't know what else to recommend, my knowledge it limited so we have to wait for Nick to be back

Cheers

Carlos

Hello,

it is no surprise to read that deleting the contents of the scenery.cfg file causes P3D to stop working.

Please go to your Windows File Explorer View Options and select "Show hidden files, folders and drives".

Also deselect "Hide extensions for known file types".

You will then be able to see the programdata folder and the extension .cfg after scenery.

Go to C:\programdata\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ and delete scenery.cfg.

Restart P3d and it will create a new and default scenery.cfg file.

Close P3D and open Orbx Central\Settings\Help and click on Sync Simulator.

Wait for the blue banner to turn green.

Close Orbx Central and start P3D.

Archived