TE NoCal / Is (old) NoCal still needed?

On 6/13/2020 at 10:14 AM, bhorv67 said:

I'm about to purchase TE NoCal, and I also have the old regions of NoCal and SoCal. Once TE is installed, is the older NoCal region still needed? It would save me some disk space to remove. 

If you go with only TE , you will lose Fall and Winter season's also .

John

15 hours ago, BradB said:

If you go with only TE , you will lose Fall and Winter season's also .

John

If that's the case, that presents a few other questions:

I typically keep all my scenery on the same drive as P3d, I prefer not to use the library (xml) method, but with TE being so large, I have to keep both Washington and NoCal on a separate drive and I created a library in OC. So if the older NA NoCal is needed for Fall/Winter season textures, how do the priority of the layers work if some areas are using the direct scenery.cfg entry and others are xml?

20 minutes ago, bhorv67 said:

If that's the case, that presents a few other questions:

I typically keep all my scenery on the same drive as P3d, I prefer not to use the library (xml) method, but with TE being so large, I have to keep both Washington and NoCal on a separate drive and I created a library in OC. So if the older NA NoCal is needed for Fall/Winter season textures, how do the priority of the layers work if some areas are using the direct scenery.cfg entry and others are xml?

I can't answer your question , hopefully someone else will chime in .

'John

I don’t think it matters, you can still activate/deactivate what you want to use. ie. deactivate the NA Cali region, and leave TE activated, you will see TE. If you want Seasons, deactivate TE, and activate the Cali region. All done in Scenery Addons of course, tick (activated) untick (deactivated).

Thats my understanding anyway.

Archived