Unable to Install PAKT Ketchikan

jhkaye

Been trying to download PAKT for P3Dv5 for two days now.  I monitor Network activity and Disk activity with Task Manager, but most of the time the values are zero.  From the log file, typical errors are:  'Error when attempting to download chunk 1c5c5d3f-3c08-4f26-a2e2-6c62a5176d86. System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown';  pakt: 54.00%  Download Interrupted; Download stream interrupted. Retrying...'  Do not have Windows Defender turned off at this time, since able to download some airports OK.  Took more than a day to download TrueEarth US Washington.  Have many more purchased products to install, but must wait until this problem has been resolved.  Jim Kaye

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  P3D v5 hotfix

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Unable to install airports P3Dv5

central_0611_1.log

I was trying to use Orbx Central.  For a different airport, tried using manual download.  The download worked, but the file type was not familiar to me - such as a .zip file, so I did not look into it further.

Jim Kaye

No Doug, Orbx Central seems to somehow be causing the problem.  If I use Orbx Central it downloads some of the PAKT file, but the percent downloaded does not increase.  Most recent try it would not load more than 62% of PAKT no matter how long I waited.  As stated earlier, tried turning off Windows Defender and firewall, did not help.  Have closed Orbx Central and restarted, have rebooted computer. and have shut computer completely off and restarted.  I have included log files in earlier posts.  

Example - 2020-06-13T01:38:42.637Z [INFO] [Saturn] - pakt: 62.00%  Download Interrupted.  Over and over every second or so.  It keeps trying.  What could be causing these interruptions?

The other kind of error that the log file occasionally shows is for example - 2020-06-12T23:59:26.752Z [INFO] [Saturn] - Error when attempting to download chunk 1c5c5d3f-3c08-4f26-a2e2-6c62a5176d86. System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.

I don't know what this means.  Thanks for replying - any advice would be very much appreciated.

Jim Kaye 

Hi Jim

Please try this,

"The download queue job cache that Orbx Central will use is found at %temp%/Orbx /job-cache.json. To forcefully clear the download queue upon restart:

Delete the %temp%/Orbx /job-cache.json file.
Completely restart Orbx Central.

Be aware that if you have auto-updates enabled, these will trigger shortly after launching Orbx Central. You may want to disable this in the settings before performing the above."

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be so long in replying.  Per a post by Doug elsewhere I turned off auto update in Orbx Central, then deleted the file job-cache.json (in C:\users\my name\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx).  Verified that this file appeared in the Recycle Bin.  No effect, loaded 66% of PAKT.  Re-started PC.  However PAKT was no longer partially installed, which was good.  Decided to  try a different airport, PAJN.  This airport installed eventually.  Did not use the Prepar3D v5 folder, but rather the second Main Library option on the right, which is for P3Dv5.  Lots of 'Download stream Interrupted.  Retrying' in the log file, but it did install.  Also able to download and install KSFF, and S93 Cle Elum.  Tried KSAN, and it downloaded 4.36 out of 5.89 GB, but the network activity in Task Manager dropped to zero.  Turned off PC after several hours.

Jim Kaye 

Tried to download CZST Stewart Airport last night and tonight.  Seems to be unable to get past 62% downloaded.  Currently 740.06 MB of 967.24 at 10:15 pm.  Using Task Manager, the critical info seems to be the column Network (in percent).  If that value is zero nothing is being downloaded.

Jim Kaye 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

Looking at your log file, there appears to be an issue when Central is trying to save that chunk to the disk.

Can you please try the following:

• If you have any anti-virus software, temporarily disable it, then try installing the problematic products.
  • Delete the contents of H:\Orbx\temp\octemp.
  • Ensure your H: drive has enough free space to complete the full download (the log says it does, but just to be certain, please check manually).

Archived