Happy customer - best next buy?

tlp020

Posted yesterday about Global Base pack installation issues that took me a few hours. I was a bit thrown off by many people experiencing the same issues, so it took me much longer than had to.

But then I got it all to work, so at around 2.30AM I got flying a bit and I must say I am quite happy with the result! Looks so much better already, and performs slightly better as well - quite amazed.  Clearly my FSX SE has some mileage left with 2020 crouching up on us.

Now for the Q!

What product would be a logical next step? I fly everywhere and nowhere, so a local pack would be last in line. I'm seriously contemplating Vector along with Trees. Looking at what Global did I have a vague notion of where that would get me and I like it.

Would it be correct to state that Trees would give me more mileage, as there tend to be much more of those around? I saw buildings and I have to say it looks convincing as well.

Anyway, happy customer here!

Maybe I will choose Europe OpenLC over trees or buildings. I can see how this could indeed be much more bang for buck.

Kinda excited about this lol. Have known about this for years, but never gave it serious consideration.

On 6/9/2020 at 5:41 AM, tlp020 said:

Maybe I will choose Europe OpenLC over trees or buildings. I can see how this could indeed be much more bang for buck.

Kinda excited about this lol. Have known about this for years, but never gave it serious consideration.

That would be a good choice.............

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2020 at 4:48 AM, petfy said:

It doesn't have to be scenery - AI traffic, Weather, etc - be sure to match the product to your computers capabilities.

Yeah I'm running it on a Pentium G4600 (dual core) - she's the pride and joy of my budget+ system, but she is close to bottlenecking me. Kinda looking for a nice, higher up Kaby Lake processor to solve that issue. Any suggestions gladly taken of course. I may salvage one from my dad's PC which I'm picking up next week, but IIRC he had a PSU issue that may have fried it.

I get a decent performance on a lot of maxes, but with Orbx, REX, ASN, etc it can become tough above certain spots. I tested a lot above the NL, and when you get high enough you notice the entire coastline pretty much being a city. I used that to benchmark traffic settings, which I've had to lower considerably - but it still gives plenty of traffic so as not to kill a bit of immersion.

Sorry for being a killjoy there, and the multiposting. But that reinstall was quite the ride.

On topic: I have acquired Global Vector and LC Europe. Lordy, quite the change! Still have to install most of my models and tweak a bit to get FSX optimized in this new situation, but this is something else allright :) Also got Steve's DX10 Fixer, which was about time.

I guess this rounds off the main overhaul for me. Orbx has served me well, and has been a big help in reigniting the FSX flame, thanks!

Happy simming all!

Archived