X-plane CTD with recent Washington HD upgrade

Gsuri

Your log file is showing that you are running some addons and plugins from 11.50b1 on F drive:

5 F:\X-Plane 11.50b1\Resources\plugins\SAM\lib\SAM_WorldJetways/
  6 F:\X-Plane 11.50b1\Resources\plugins\SAM\lib\SAM_Seasons/
  7 F:\X-Plane 11.50b1\Resources\plugins\SAM\lib\SAM_Library/
  8 F:\X-Plane 11.50b1\Resources\plugins\SAM\lib\SAM_Library/

and some from XP 11.35 on D drive:

12 D:\X-PLANE 11.35\Resources\plugins\SAM\lib\SAM_Seasons/

and some from G drive/resources:

XPILOT: Loading package: G:\X-plane 11.41r1/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/DH8D/xsb_aircraft.txt

Your scenery-packs.ini is the largest collection of addons I have seen to date and are being loaded from different drives and different copies of XP as far as I can see. I am only getting this info from the Log details so you need to correct me if I am wrong.

As this is an Orbx forum i can only deal with a problem you may have with TE Washington HD.

With that in mind we need to do a test to make see if TE Washington with KSEA is working without all the other addons enabled.

Rename your Custom scenery folder in 11.41 to Custom Scenery.BAK

Make a new folder and name it Custom Scenery.

Open the folder that has TE Washington HD on it so that you see the 4 folders of TE Washington Airports, Custom,  Overlay and Orthos.

Make a shortcut by right clicking on all 4 folders and place the shortcuts into the new Custom Scenery folder in 11.41.

Do the same for Global Airports.

Open the new Custom Scenry folder and the new scenery_packs.ini and make sure the addons are layerd in the following sequence.

1.TE Washington Airports

2. Global Airports

3. TE Washington Custom

4.TE Washington Overlay

5. TE Washington Orthos.

Run XP and by choosing KSEA as your start point.

I would also disable ALL plugins for this  test if possible.

The aim of this is to see whether the crashes are caused by the TE Washington update or that it is other non Orbx addons that are causing a conflict.

We cannot assume that the update to TE Washington is the cause of your issues as it could also be coincidence as there are no other user reports o of crashes caused by the update.

Remember you have a an awful lot of addons and these are coming in from different drives and different XP versions. 

I'm having the same problem, I do see these lines in my log file if it helps any.

TGXP: Totally unable to read airport file E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Airports\Earth nav data\apt.dat

0:06:46.815 E/OBJ: ERROR: the object Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/seattle/TE_USA_POI_RG_Sheraton_Grand_Seattle_Union_Street.obj has two headers and will not load in future versions of X-Plane.  Fix this now!

I uninstalled and reinstalled the TE Washingon package using Orbx central and now the scenery does at least load up although very slowly. I still see the error lines in the log file and X-Organiser reports the TE Washington scenery as being corrupted but when verifying the files with Orbx Central nothing is showing as corrupted. I should state that this is when using the 11.50 Beta 10 of X-Plane. As a matter of course I asked a friend to check KSEA using his none beta install of X-Plane with TE Washington and while KSEA loaded up ok X-Plane did report a scenery error and that the scenery may not look right.

I have included my log file just in case.

Log.txt

Thanks, that fixed the obj error. What I have noticed is that the OrbX_A_US_Washington_TE_Airports Earth nav data folder appears to be missing this file apt.dat.com

Every other airports folder seems to have that file in it so whether it's that causing this error text in the log file I don't know TGXP: Totally unable to read airport file E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Airports\Earth nav data\apt.dat

Although I'm not so sure about that as it's not the only error with that message in my log file.

TGXP: Totally unable to read airport file E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_LOWI_LOJT\Earth nav data\apt.dat
TGXP: Totally unable to read airport file E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_EGNM_LeedsBradford\Earth nav data\apt.dat

2 hours ago, BobbieH said:

Thanks, that fixed the obj error. What I have noticed is that the OrbX_A_US_Washington_TE_Airports Earth nav data folder appears to be missing this file apt.dat.com

Every other airports folder seems to have that file in it so whether it's that causing this error text in the log file I don't know TGXP: Totally unable to read airport file E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Airports\Earth nav data\apt.dat

Although I'm not so sure about that as it's not the only error with that message in my log file.

TGXP: Totally unable to read airport file E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_LOWI_LOJT\Earth nav data\apt.dat
TGXP: Totally unable to read airport file E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_EGNM_LeedsBradford\Earth nav data\apt.dat

Ignore the messages TGXP: Totally unable to read airport file E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_LOWI_LOJT\Earth nav data\apt.dat

These are nothing to do with Orbx but  an issue with the beta XP and Traffic Global. What the messages mean in reality I don't know. What i do know is that Traffic Global works fine in my 11.50 installation and I also have dozens of similar messages about being unable to read etc. Here are a few of the mesages I get in my Log:

TGXP: Scenery path 'G:\XP11.50b6/X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Florida_TE_Custom/Earth nav data/apt.dat' doesn't exist, skipping.
TGXP: Scenery path 'G:\XP11.50b6/X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_Florida_TE_Overlay/Earth nav data/apt.dat' doesn't exist, skipping.
TGXP: Scenery path 'G:\XP11.50b6/X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Florida_TE_Orthos/Earth nav data/apt.dat' doesn't exist, skipping.
TGXP: Scenery path 'G:\XP11.50b6/X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_NoCal_TE_Custom/Earth nav data/apt.dat' doesn't exist, skipping.
TGXP: Scenery path 'G:\XP11.50b6/X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_NoCal_TE_Overlay/Earth nav data/apt.dat' doesn't exist, skipping.
TGXP: Scenery path 'G:\XP11.50b6/X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_NoCal_TE_Orthos/Earth nav data/apt.dat' doesn't exist, skipping.
TGXP: Scenery path 'G:\XP11.50b6/X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/Earth nav data/apt.dat' doesn't exist, skipping.

I don't know if it will help but I attach a copy of theTEGB Washington airports/earth nav data/apt file

apt.dat

3 hours ago, Sentry11 said:

@BobbieH    @Jon Clarke

@BobbieH  ---  Using a text editor delete the indicated line in the attached file and SAVE.

Jon, this same error of "double header" has happened to me as well, could you please bring this to the attention of the concerned developer?

Thanks

Sentry

2020-06-09 19_03_37-seattle.jpg

@Tony Wroblewski for your comment please Tony.

2 hours ago, BobbieH said:

Further to my earlier reply post, please note that error reporting by XP 11.50 has been increased by Laminar to point out issues for their benefit. 

If you spend time reading error messages in the Log file you will get dizzy:lol:

The only serious error messages that matter are the ones that appear on screen and not what is is the log, especially if the addon and its attributes appear to be working. The on screen message about a scenery "may not look right" should just be clicked as "Understood" and carry on to see if there are major issues.

11.50 is a Beta, and I remind all that it is NOT supported by Orbx until 11.50 becomes an official release.

The assistance being offered is totally voluntary on my and others part.

Archived